Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tethering
Jaker1

Is WiFi tethering always limited to 600kbps or only on the $70 plan?

0 Likes
Re: Tethering
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What is the exact name of the plan? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaker1

Mix and Match, Go Unlimited for $80 a month. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The hotspot feature on the Go Unlimited Plan is restricted to maximum of 600 kbps speeds. To get faster speeds, you need to change your plan to one offering LTE high speed hotspot data. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaker1

This is copied directly from the plan details on the Verizon site for the Go Unlimited $80 plan. Hence the confusion. I read this as 15 gigs at LTE speeds then throttled back after you reach 15 gigs. So which is it? The plan overviews state this while my plan overview states up to 600kbps all the time. I definitely have the Go Unlimited plan. 

“Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (up to 15 GB of 4G LTE Data)

An unlimited mobile hotspot means your smartphone becomes a Wi-Fi connection for your other devices. You get 4G LTE up to 15 GB and 600 Kbps past the allotted amount.”

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The FAQs say otherwise. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The 15 GB LTE hotspot data limit before reducing to 600 kbps maximum speed for the remainder of the billing cycle applies to Beyond Unlimited Plan. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jaker1, being on top of your Wi-Fi tethering is vital, especially if the speeds are being limited to 600kps. You mentioned you have the $70.00 package, which exact plan do you have? Has this always been the issue (was it faster before)? How have you measured the speeds?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jaker1, thanks for confirming your package details, we want to provide clarity. Yes, you are correct, you have the Unlimited Mobile Hotspot with speeds of up to 600 Kbps. Would you like to review plan alternatives?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Jaker1

Yes, what is the first plan "up" from the plan I have now which would offer me tethering at a speed that is not throttled back? Thank you. 

0 Likes