Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texting a US number that is visiting Europe, who gets charged?
smorebeld

Texting a US number that is visiting Europe, who gets charged?

0 Likes
Re: Texting a US number that is visiting Europe, who gets charged?
Weth
Sr. Leader

Phone A has Verizon plan and is physically in the USA

Phone B has a US number and is physically in Europe

Phone A texts Phone B - Phone B gets charged

Phone B texts Phone A - Phone B gets charged 

Another way of saying this is if you are in the US, whether you are texting a US number that is in Europe or the US number is texting you from Europe, you don’t get charged. 

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

Just about every modern plan has international texting so texting them from the states doesn't do anything on your end.

Their end would get a charge if they don't have any provisioning as their service is on a foreign tower. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question! I see our community members have provided great scenarios and correct answers to your inquiry (Weth - Sr. Leader and glitchedpixel - novice). To summarize, if you're sending a text message from your Verizon mobile phone while you're in the US to a US number that's traveling through Europe, you will not incur any charges for sending text messages to the US number. However, the receiving party may also not incur charges when receiving your text messages, depending on the plan they're subscribing to. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes