Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Transfer line to another account
AmorphousLogic

I currently have two lines of service, both with almost a year left on the contracts.  My wife and I are currently separated and she would like to transfer her service to her family's Verizon account.  My question is if I can transfer her line, including the remaining months on the contract to her family's account without an ETF?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Transfer line to another account
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AmorphousLogic wrote:

I currently have two lines of service, both with almost a year left on the contracts.  My wife and I are currently separated and she would like to transfer her service to her family's Verizon account.  My question is if I can transfer her line, including the remaining months on the contract to her family's account without an ETF?  

Yes, the owner of her family's account will have to do an assumption of liability(AOL) to take over the contract for her line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AmorphousLogic wrote:

Yes, the owner of her family's account will have to do an assumption of liability(AOL) to take over the contract for her line.

0 Likes
AmorphousLogic

That brings up another question.  What happens to my account once her line is transfered?  I have a family share plan currently.  Can I downgrade to an individual plan without an etf?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Yes, that's exactly what will happen. Your plan will be changed to an individual plan - and the contract terms will remain the same.
0 Likes
admsteck

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes