Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traveling to St John, USVI
kwalley73

I have a question about usage charges when in the US Virgin Islands. I will be staying on St. John and we will have view of St. Thomas so from a previous post I read, they stated that I should be able to get US service from a tower in St. Thomas. I also have unlimited text plan and I read that domestic text rates apply. Can you confirm this? I would like to avoid roaming charges with my LG ENV 3 phone and my husband has a data plan with his iPhone -- should he do something specific to keep from racking up a bunch of roaming data charges?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Traveling to St John, USVI
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I Would be glad to go over usage while you are in St. John.

Texting while there would take out of your text bundle on you plan. No additional cost unless you went over your monthly allowance. Data usage is a different. Click here to see data rates. To turn off data on the iphone settings>general>network> turn off data roaming and cellular data

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I Would be glad to go over usage while you are in St. John.

Texting while there would take out of your text bundle on you plan. No additional cost unless you went over your monthly allowance. Data usage is a different. Click here to see data rates. To turn off data on the iphone settings>general>network> turn off data roaming and cellular data

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

According to other _VZW reps on here there is not any add'l data charges while on USVI islands. I can say that is true.

HOWEVER be sure to shut off data roaming per Joel's instructions as you are very close to the British USVI and you can hit a tower there quite easily if you are not able to hit a US tower.

0 Likes
kwalley73
Thanks so much! This helps!
0 Likes