Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Trying to upgrade..Getting conflicting answers..Afraid of a billing surprise
lt4play

I have made a few contacts to Verizon Wireless, in-store and over the phone.  I am getting conflicting answers.

I am trying to upgrade from a Nationwide (Unlimited Data Plan) to More Everything.

(Q1) There is a promotion "$100 bill credit when you purchase a new smartphone on Edge"

I am an existing customer, upgrading a device.  I was told by a phone representative yesterday that there is a promotion from 9/22-10/31 which offers the bill credit to upgrades.  Is this true?  The latest deals on VerizonWireless says "Upgrades are excluded".

(Q2) My primary reservation about More Everything is monthly line access charge for basic phones. 

- AT&T offers a Basic line for $15/line. 

- Verizon offers a Basic line for $30/line.

Yesterday, I was told by a phone representative that they can offer a $10/month credit for my basic lines.

Today, I was told by a store representative that they cannot offer such a credit as my basic lines are under contract.

I want to convert to More Everything.  I want to add additional data devices on my account.  But - I do not know what to trust - I am afraid I am going to get a billing surprise on a new plan.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to upgrade..Getting conflicting answers..Afraid of a billing surprise
Not applicable

Using Edge and getting a discount upgrade are two different things.

As far as the line fee. Any line off contract gets a $10 discount for data plans under 10 GB and $25 for data plans 10 GB and higher. So if the phones are still on contract no they don't get the month2month discount since thy are not month2month,

0 Likes
Re: Trying to upgrade..Getting conflicting answers..Afraid of a billing surprise
lt4play

>> Using Edge and getting a discount upgrade are two different things.

I understand Edge vs. discount upgrade/subsidized device.  I am asking specifically about Edge.  Whether a $100 bill credit promotion exists for existing customers. 

• Website says add-a-line, new-lines of service only ("Upgrades are excluded")
  • CSR indicated existing customers who add an Edge device are eligible.. Is this true under a newer/different promotion?

I understand the smartphone, line-fee discounts. 

The question is specifically related to basic-phone discounting.  Are there any offers to make the basic-phone competitive with AT&T ($15/line).

• CSR indicated they could offer a $10/month discount
  • Store representative said basic phones under contract are not eligible.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lt4play Clear and concise information about discount offers is extremely important. The $100.00 bill incentive credit does not apply to basic phones. We apologize for any inconvenience.                                                                                         
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lt4play

I am sorry that you find my response unclear!

I am discussing two lines:

(1) I want to replace my PRIMARY-LINE (Droid Razr Maxx), with a Galaxy Note 4.  The Droid Razr Maxx is not under contract.  I want to purchase the Galaxy Note 4 that I will purchase through Edge.  Will this Galaxy Note 4 be eligible for the $100 bill credit?

(2) My ADD-A-LINE device is a LG Revere (Basic, Flip Phone).  This device is under contract until 12/2015. 

I am currently on the Nationwide Plan.  I will convert to More Everything plan, but line-fee of Basic phone on Verizon is too high.  Does there exists a promotion to offer a $10/month discount for the Basic phone?

0 Likes