Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UPDATE FAMILY SHARE PLANS
amallen

With all the new technology coming out, I am thoroughly amazed that Verizon does not offer a family share plan with a data package.  Since the government does not have any faith in the economy and people are filing bankruptcy faster than ever and cutting back on spending, I would think that the Verizon Consultants would see that in order to keep the market share they  have gained that they must now compete with the other companies offering packages and phones cheaper than Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: UPDATE FAMILY SHARE PLANS
spottedcatfish

Verizon is of the opinion that if you want their network (which they deem to be a premium service compared to other carriers), then you'll have to pay for it.  With the reception and coverage that Sprint provides in many areas, I would agree that it's worth the cost.  On the other hand, in some urban areas, Sprint is a really great value.  T-Mobile can be the same.  The savings with AT&T (at least for the plans I've looked at) is really minimal, so that seems like a moot point.  Until Verizon sees that they can increase profits by doing so, they won't add family data plans.

If you really need to save money, maybe you should investigate prepaid?  Verizon has its own prepaid plans, and then there are MVNOs like Page Plus and Straight Talk that offer resold Verizon services at much better rates.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I think Verizon knows how to run their business.
0 Likes
bill21921

Personally for me having a shared family data plan would encourage me to add more smart phones for my family. I can justify paying $30 for a data plan for my iPhone but for the rest of my family, not so much. I am two thirds of the way through my billing cycle for this month and I have used barely .2 GB of my unlimited data. It is not that I am not a heavy user of my phone but I find that I am almost always connected through WiFi. For my wife and two teenage children, paying an additional $90 for data plans each and every month to provide them with an iPhone just doesn't seem to make smart financial sense. If there were a family data plan that would provide us all with a shared amount of data (even if it were only 5 GB per month at a price of $60) I would sign up today. I would also like to be able to add additional devices like my Pad 2 to that plan. The notion of paying $150 in data per month ($1,800 per year) to connect 4 phones and iPad just isn't going to happen. But at a more reasonable price point this would already be a done deal.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

bill21921 wrote:

Personally for me having a shared family data plan would encourage me to add more smart phones for my family. I can justify paying $30 for a data plan for my iPhone but for the rest of my family, not so much. I am two thirds of the way through my billing cycle for this month and I have used barely .2 GB of my unlimited data. It is not that I am not a heavy user of my phone but I find that I am almost always connected through WiFi. For my wife and two teenage children, paying an additional $90 for data plans each and every month to provide them with an iPhone just doesn't seem to make smart financial sense. If there were a family data plan that would provide us all with a shared amount of data (even if it were only 5 GB per month at a price of $60) I would sign up today. I would also like to be able to add additional devices like my Pad 2 to that plan. The notion of paying $150 in data per month ($1,800 per year) to connect 4 phones and iPad just isn't going to happen. But at a more reasonable price point this would already be a done deal.

4 smartphones and 5GB with two teenagers???? You would be over within 3 days.

0 Likes