Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Unlimited Data / 'Grandfather' Question
tawny150

I am under the impression if any of us renew our contract after the 28 th of june 2012 we lose our unlimited data, the only way we can keep it is to not upgrade our lines and pay retail for our phones or buy from third pary retailers , Is this true?

<Branched to a new discussion.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data / 'Grandfather' Question
Chellie_Alden

Yes this is true. My husband and I made sure and upgraded our phones this past weekend to ensure that we would be safe for at least another 2 years as we too have the unlimited data for $30/month

0 Likes
commonsense101

not sure if the part about the 3rd party retailers is true or not.. but the other part is

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

commonsense101 wrote:

not sure if the part about the 3rd party retailers is true or not.. but the other part is

I totally agree Commonsense. I think people are confusing the $30 upgrade fee which is waived if a phone is brought from someone else (and third party resellers have to charge it also. Ebay and Craigslist the fee is waived)

There has been no mention whatsoever if you bring a phone from Ebay that you can keep your unlimited data plan. I would highly doubt it. Especially since VZW announced today, changes in how AOL conversions will occur starting tomorrow.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Changes in the AOL? Do tell!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

all grandfathered plans are no longer transferable.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Was this a news release or changes in the support documents for account questions?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I honestly don't know.  I just remember reading about it somewhere recently.  It makes honest sense for them to do that as they are trying to get rid of a lot of their grandfathered plans.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Has to do with if the account owner dies all unlimited plans go with them. It kind of insinuated if you do an AOL ya must choose a tiered data plan

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You said it so much better than i just did

0 Likes