Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited Data Plans
TechZen

Can I get a straight answer from a corporate level agent of Verizon in regards to the Unlimited Data Plans.  Are all unlimited data plans going to be eliminated?  If so, then if we decide to terminate service they should waive the ETF because they are changing something in our contract that we are not agreeing to.  Any response and information would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Plans
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately, when asked to point to the portion of the contract which states ANYTHING about unlimited data, you will be unable to do so because it is not in there. As a result, you will not get your ETF waived if it you cancel your contract.

0 Likes
TechZen

First of all, will Unlimited Data be eliminated?  That question was not answered.  Second, If they can eliminate that part of our contract without our consent, then why would we have to pay the ETF fee if we don't agree to their changing something without our consent?  Would that not be breach of contract on their part?

0 Likes
jroeder

Unlimited data plans will not be eliminated if someone with the plan doesn't upgrade the phone or switch plans. If they upgrade to a new phone/switch the plan they will lose it.  Like rcschnoor said, there is nothing in the agreement that talks about unlimited data, it actually says that plans are subject to change. As of current, Verizon is not forcing people to change the plan unless te upgrade.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Will unlimited data be eliminated? Being just another customer like yourself, my guess is as good as your, which is why I did not answer that question.

Second, since unlimited data IS NOT part of your contract, they would not be eliminating part of your contract without your consent and therefore not a breach of contract.

0 Likes
Unlimited Data Plans
TechZen

Ok, thank you both for clarifying that up.  So as long as I pay full price for a new device hereon, my data plan stays as is.  That, I can live with.