Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited Data and Number change type of thing..?
punisher85

OK heres the deal which i need some help with hopefully a rep can help with this too. That i would like to keep my unlimited data but i wanted to port my number that has it over to Google Voice and have a different number on the same line to try to keep the unlimited data active and this way i only have to deal with 1 number. I know if i ported it now without a change it would incure an ETF. But i heard 2 things i can do which is do a number change online and immediately port the number right after or a store rep can request the port and give me a new number and waive the ETF and keep unlimited data. Can someone help me possibly with this process? To help me see what the better route to go.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data and Number change type of thing..?
Grothka
Novice
The only way I've heard of this happening (and I'm not sure how it would work with the unlim data) is to port your number first, wait until your vzw line is fully disconnected and then request to reconnect it asap with a different number.
0 Likes
punisherbv

OK some people have told me i can do this in store or over the phone, but wouldn't i be better off trying to figure this out in store so i can have a face to face conversation with a rep and get anything possible in writing?

0 Likes
spottedcatfish

If you do go to a store, go to a corporate store (you can find them with the Store Finder on this website) because other types of retailers may not have the ability to keep grandfathered features on your line.

As far as getting things in writing online or over the phone, Verizon will send you an electronic notice of any changes made to your plan, receipts, etc. through MyVerizon, and I've never asked, but they may be able to e-mail them as well.  Getting that with your unlimited plan displayed should suffice for proof in case you need it.

0 Likes