Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited data plan
Troubled1

I have been a faithful Verizon customer for a very, very long time.

My current phone is outdated and I have been wanting a data/smart phone.  Now that the iPhone 4S is out I have decided to buy one.

The question I am having is which provider to go with.

After considering the plans, available services, coverage, customer service and other features, I am heavily leaning towards Sprint.

One of the factors that has swayed me is Sprint's unlimited data plan. 

I know of many Verizon customers  who have been given consideration to maintain their unlimited data plans.

Even though I do not currently have a data plan, I asked Verison, "If you feel this is something that Verizon will also extend to me, I will stay with Verizon.  If not, I understand and I will purchase my phone/plan with Sprint."

If I do not hear back from them by the time this phone is available at Sprint, it's adios to Verizon for me.  I will not pay more for a plan that others are getting unlimited.  

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data plan
mdram4x4
Leader

Troubled1 wrote:

I have been a faithful Verizon customer for a very, very long time.

My current phone is outdated and I have been wanting a data/smart phone.  Now that the iPhone 4S is out I have decided to buy one.

The question I am having is which provider to go with.

After considering the plans, available services, coverage, customer service and other features, I am heavily leaning towards Sprint.

One of the factors that has swayed me is Sprint's unlimited data plan. 

I know of many Verizon customers  who have been given consideration to maintain their unlimited data plans.

Even though I do not currently have a data plan, I asked Verison, "If you feel this is something that Verizon will also extend to me, I will stay with Verizon.  If not, I understand and I will purchase my phone/plan with Sprint."

If I do not hear back from them by the time this phone is available at Sprint, it's adios to Verizon for me.  I will not pay more for a plan that others are getting unlimited.  

you will have to go to sprint, verizon no longer offer the unlimited data plan

they dont make exceptions

if you wanted unlimted you should have dont h tis back un july, they acnnounced it prior to getting rid of the unlimted plan

before you cancel though make certain sprints coverage works for you.

it doenst matter what carrier /plan you have if you dont have coverage

0 Likes
Troubled1

I didn't have and didn't want a smart phone at that time.

I've looked into Sprints coverage and plans.  It all works nicely for me.

Again, it is unreasonable to pay more for something others are getting unlimited.  

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

just remember that the $99 needs an extra $10 for a smartphone, so its 109

0 Likes
silver6055

Troubled1 wrote:

I didn't have and didn't want a smart phone at that time.

I've looked into Sprints coverage and plans.  It all works nicely for me.

Again, it is unreasonable to pay more for something others are getting unlimited.  

Yes, but the carriers are not equal on everything but price.  Look back at Friday's news for example.  Sprint's shares plunged because it is appears that they are short of money to finance their network expansion (4G/LTE) plans.   That might not matter to you for a two year contract, but the medium-term viability of the carrier is far from clear.

0 Likes
Troubled1

True, they slip that $10 surcharge in there way down at the bottom...now the ATT phone is starting to look better.  I like their 4GB tethering for $45 plus they have rollover minutes and you can surf/talk same time...hmmm.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Troubled1 wrote:

True, they slip that $10 surcharge in there way down at the bottom...now the ATT phone is starting to look better.  I like their 4GB tethering for $45 plus they have rollover minutes and you can surf/talk same time...hmmm.

Have fun! Sprint is already being questioned if they have enough spectrum for the onslaught of the iPhone. ATT, I steer away from with all I can.
0 Likes