Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited data was switched on me, I was told unlimited is/was a promotion
bryada

Looked at my bill today and the 3 lines we had unlimited data on went from $29.99 for first phone and $9.99 a month for other phones up to $29.99 a month for each phone.  When we called to find out what happened we were told that unlimited data plans were a promotion and ended at 18 months so ours was over. So they think that I am good with paying $90 a month up from $50 a month for the same thing (actually not the same thing it is now 2GB)?  I know they are trying to force people out of unlimited plans but I would like to see something in writing saying it ended in 18 months.  When we asked to see it in writing we were told to go through our old bills and seek it out.  The 2 stores I called knew nothing of an end date for unlimited data (if you kept the same phone, didn't switch plans, etc) and I know we were not told it was a promotion.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data was switched on me, I was told unlimited is/was a promotion
Not applicable

What unlimited data plan was ever $9.99 for additional phones?  The only unlimited data I know of has always been $30 per phone.

0 Likes
bryada

The family plan, we have had it that way for over a year now. That I can find and prove on our bills, an 18 month promotional timeframe we cannot. 

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

hmm never seen nor heard of anyone getting that great deal. What Family plan do you have?

0 Likes
brett111

I have the old alltel plan allso. I have all my bills that show that i had unlimited data. When verizon took over they took that away from me.  Now im trying to add a phone to my plan and they wont add a line until i change my plan over to a verizon plan. I have family plan 1200 with unlimited data.

0 Likes
gina7239

On the bill it would say promotion. The easiest thing for them to say its a promotion. You have 14 days to put what the plan was back if you get the right person to help you. It's happened to me sometimes thinemoter removed and there put back.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i believe they ran it for a very short time at the end of 2010. my brother in law and nephew got it. i actually didn't believe him when he told me he was getting my nephew (11 at the time) a smart phone, but he said "i wouldn't do it except they are giving us the data plan for $10!! can't pass it up." i'm pretty sure that they added my nephew's line AND data for $20 (it was his christmas gift early i think).

0 Likes