Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlimited femtocell calling feature
nsayer

I'm an AT&T refugee. We're in the process of switching. We're unlikely not to continue, but one thing that's kind of a downer is that we have AT&T's 3G Microcell. The Microcell has been a thorn in our side, as it has lots of problems. But what it DOES have is a $19.99 unlimited calling feature. That happens to mesh really, really well with us, since my wife puts about 1400 minutes a month on her phone from home. We're able to use AT&T's 500 minute family plan along with unlimtied Microcell calling. Works for us really well.

The alternatives offered by Verizon are either the 2000 minute family plan or the Home Connect and a bag of cordless POTS phones. My wife is kind of used to being able to use her cell phone as much as she wants at home, and it'd be a step backwards to tell her she should use cordless phones when she's at home.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited femtocell calling feature
spottedcatfish

Verizon doesn't have an analogous service.  One possibility might be to go with a lower minute allowance on your family share plan and carefully use the 10 Friends and Family numbers to reduce the amount of your wife's calling.  Otherwise, the Home Phone Connect will be your best bet to accomodate your wife's usage.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited femtocell calling feature
nsayer

Yeah, I know Verizon doesn't have an analagous feature offering.

I'd like to suggest that they fix that. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes