Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgrade/Change plans questions
annied000

Hi everyone,

If you can help me out with any or all of the questions below, I would be very appreciative.  Some info about my account to keep in mind.... I am still in contract (out by 1/12) but am eligible for a phone upgrade at a discounted price now.  I also get a 19% employer discount.   Plan: 900min for 59.99 . Basic phone- no data pack.

Now for the questions:

1.  What is the best way to add a line (go from individual plan to family plan) while also upgrading my phone from basic to smartphone while still in contract?  I can't seem to do both at the same time online?  Should I upgrade my phone first and then add a line.... does the order in which I do this matter?

2.  Second, is a family plan always cheaper than a household with two individual plan lines (both lines requiring a data pack)?

3.  If I open a second individual account for my husband, will I receive my employer discount on this line as well?

4.  If we choose separate lines, I will be downgrading my plan from 900 min to 450min... but I also want to upgrade my phone to a smartphone.  Again, does the order in which I do this matter?  Does downgrading my calling plan affect my current 2 year contract?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Upgrade/Change plans questions
annied000

Thanks SuzyQ... just what I needed to know!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade/Change plans questions
annied000

Thanks SuzyQ... just what I needed to know!

0 Likes