Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Upgrade from Droid Incred. - Unlimited data "incompatible"?
BurtReynolds
Novice

My wife has had her Droid Incredible for the last two years and has a regular old unlimited data plan from the contract two years ago. 

She just became eligible for an upgrade and was shopping for a new phone yesterday.  Every time she tried to select a phone, the website informed her that her data plan was "incompatible" with the new phone like an iPhone or Razr Maxx.  Instead, it only offered her capped data choices to choose from. 

I've held off on upgrading myself as I don't like the current crop of gigantic phones and have been assured anytime I've gone into a VZW corporate store that unlimited data users will be able to upgrade to a new 3G or 4G phone and retain unlimited data.  Why is the VZW website telling us differently?  Is it just a "glitch" that they hope gets people to abandon their unlimited for a capped plan?

By the way Verizon, these new forums are awful.  I don't know what was wrong with the old style, but these are not an upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade from Droid Incred. - Unlimited data "incompatible"?
LE2Strat

I have a Droid Incredible right now, and I am elligible for an upgrade.  I just went in and selected a phone and it told me:

Please update your Data Plan.

The device you've selected is not compatible with your current plan. Please select a Data Plan below.

You currently have Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email).

If you select a new option, you will not be able to change back.

So I think you are good, just don't select a new option, keep the check box on the unlimited box, and click continue.  Even though it's saying it's not compatible, you should be fine I would think.  This whole grandfathered unlimited data thing has been around for a while, I would think they would have their order system updated for those types of customers by now.  When it first came out, it would force you, and you had to call and get it added back on by customer service.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade from Droid Incred. - Unlimited data "incompatible"?
Not applicable

Thanks for your input !

BurtReynolds, please let us know if this worked for you. Your wife should be able to upgrade to another smartphone and keep the unlimited data. As Jason showed, you will have the option to change the plan, but if you make no changes, it will stay on current unlimited plan.

Let me know if you need further assistance!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes