Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Upgrading before leaving a share plan?
tootsie780

If my daughter on a second line of Nationwide Share plan upgrades her basic phone, which is eligible, and then leaves the Shareplan, will I have to absorb the extended 2 year contract because I am the primary account person?

As the primary account person, my contract is up in 3 months. Her phone is on a month to month basis since she was due for upgrade in 2010.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading before leaving a share plan?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If yours is the name on the account, you are responsible for ALL contracts and/or ETFs on the account.

If your daughter leaves your account AND Verizon for another provider by porting her number, then yes, you would be responsible for her ETF.

If your daughter leaves your account by performing an AOL(assumption of liability) and keeps her line on Verizon under her own name, you would only be responsible for the months charges in which she leaves Verizon. After that point, though, her line would still be under contract but SHE would be responsible.