Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Contract End Date as it relates to cancellation and number portability
verizon_123

I am going through that right now.  Nothing in Verizon's Customer Agreement states that customers can not cancel "On Demand."  Verizon Reps just refuse to cancel for some reason.  I was talking to this Rep "Tyler."  << Specific employee information removed to comply with >> This guy just flat out refuse to cancel the service for me.  When i ask when in the agreement that i have to wait til the next billing cycle, that i can not cancel it immediate, he couldn't respond.  Just simply said,  i can't cancel it. 

I read you could email FCC and the attoney general for their illegal practice.  Remember to record your conversation.  It always helps.

<Branched to a new discussion, due to the age of the original location.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Contract End Date as it relates to cancellation and number portability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello verizon_123! Sorry that you haven't been able to locate the term in the Customer Agreement regarding disconnections. The following text is taken directly from the Customer Agreement under the subheading "What Happens if My Postpay Service Is Canceled Before the End of My Contract Term?" It is mentioned in the last sentence of the paragraph.

"If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your Early Termination Fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then."

The statement "Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle" means that On-Demand disconnection requests cannot be processed. You can see the full Customer Agreement here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgr...

I hope that helps. Have a good one!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Contract End Date as it relates to cancellation and number portability
kwekiwi

I had a terrible experience today with Verizon after signing up to a new carrier last month. Before activating with Sprint, I took the time to call verizon and ask if it mattered when I ported over to the new carrier, to confirm that I would be refunded based on my time of cancellation. Otherwise, I would wait til the end of my billing cycle so I wouldn't be paying 2 phone bills at once. The service rep FALSELY informed me that I would be reimbursed the prorated remainder after my contract was up. So halfway through my billing cycle, and 2 days after my contract expired JUST to be safe, I contacted Sprint, activated our phones, and had our numbers ported over from Verizon. I tried to log on to Verizon to confirm cancellation and could not, because our account had been deleted. I took that to mean that service was disconnected. WRONG.

Today the bill came in, and there was no prorated reimbursement. I called customer service, and after 20 minutes found my way to a supervisor. After spending over $10,000 through 6 years with Verizon, the fact that it took me an hour while they hid behind their service agreement and NOT honoring what THEY HAD RECORDED IN THEIR COMPUTER that I was told by THEIR customer service representative, finally to offer $25 of the $70 I was owed makes me want to steer anyone away from them. What a terrible customer service experience! Ironically, I was informed by this supervisor that the OPPOSITE of what I had been told by THEIR representative was true; if I had ported my numbers over BEFORE my contract expired that it would have been disconnected automatically on my contract expiration date. Shame on you, Verizon. How infuriating.

-Kellen <Deleted>, Former Verizon Customer

<Post edited for privacy per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
melvindeville
Novice

the contract you signed clearly says. when you cancel the service will bill till the end of the cycle. on this site. scroll to the bottom and click customer agreement.. its in there.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Novice

What Happens if My Postpay Service Is Canceled Before the End of My Contract Term?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your Early Termination Fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

HELLOOOOO

0 Likes
melvindeville
Novice

these responses were for you... i do understand this post is about a year old... but hope this helps get you some clarification

0 Likes