Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Doesn't Cover My House and Won't Provide A Wireless Network Extender
keian27

I recently moved while in the middle of my contract.  Before the move, I looked up my new address on Verizon’s website and saw that I had full 4G LTE coverage at my address.

But when I finally made the move, I noticed that I couldn’t get reception in my house, or even on my street.  Around May of this year, I called Verizon and asked them about this problem.  They said they would send a tech out to investigate the coverage in my area.  A week later they called back and determined that yes indeed, my block is in a dead zone.  The representative suggested that I buy a new wireless network extender for $250, and I’ll also receive a $75 rebate.  I told the representative that I should not have to buy this extender. Considering I have friends who had these same issues with their carriers, e.g. Sprint, and were given a network extender as a loan for the duration of their contract, I didn’t see how it was my fault that Verizon doesn’t cover the area they claim to cover.  He said that was not Verizon’s policy.  Since I was still 6 months away from my contract expiring, I had no other option but to sit quietly until my contract ran out.

And now that my contract has expired, I have some options.  Last weekend, I called Verizon again threatening to leave.  The representative offered the same $75 rebate that was offered to me 6 months earlier.  I even offered up one of my device upgrades in place of a network extender, but that deal was knocked down.  And so now I’m left with the option to make a public spectacle out of this scenario and hope Verizon takes notice.  Failing that, I’ll be forced to leave Verizon behind.

Verizon, how can this possibly be a sound business decision?  I have 4 phones on my plan, 3 currently not under contract.  Our bill runs around $160 / month.  How is it wise to turn down nearly $4000 in revenue over a $250 device for a deficiency in *your* network?  And that $4000 is just for the next two years.  My family has been on Verizon for over 10 years.  No one *wants* to switch carriers.  It’s a fairly involved process that requires everyone on my plan to get new phones, port their numbers over, etc.  But here we are, ready to leave over a $250 device.  Do you really want customers to feel like they’re being taken advantage of?  Is this what Verizon’s customer service has come to?

Your move, fellas.

Tags (1)
Re: Verizon Doesn't Cover My House and Won't Provide A Wireless Network Extender
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

keian27 wrote:

And now that my contract has expired, I have some options.  Last weekend, I called Verizon again threatening to leave.  The representative offered the same $75 rebate that was offered to me 6 months earlier.  I even offered up one of my device upgrades in place of a network extender, but that deal was knocked down.  And so now I’m left with the option to make a public spectacle out of this scenario and hope Verizon takes notice.  Failing that, I’ll be forced to leave Verizon behind.

I don't understand. If having service in your home IS important to you and you already know Verizon's policy, why have you not instead started to search for carriers which cover your home? It seems a pretty easy decision to me, at least.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Doesn't Cover My House and Won't Provide A Wireless Network Extender
keian27

I have.  Sprint and AT&T both cover my home.  My hope is VZW responds to this in a way that keeps me as a customer.  Failing that, I will be switching.  As I mentioned, I don't want to switch carriers b/c it's a huge pain.  But if they don't respond, then I pretty much have to.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Since you didn't mark the post as a question, it is guaranteed that any VZW rep won't see it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes