Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect issue
kapeman

I have has this reoccurring issue since I purchased the home connect system. A coworker that has the system reports having the same issue.

Basically, every so often the system will quit ringing the phones connected to it. The system works, outgoing calls are fine and voicemail works also.

The only way I have found to temporarily fix it is to make an outgoing call from the phone connected to the system. On any subsequent calls, the system will ring the phones. If you don't pay close attention you can go for several days in the faulty state.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect issue
kapeman

I was able to contact a Verizon tech that was very helpful.

He did a VLR on my line and then I did another *228.

So far, so good. I haven't tested in a couple of days, to see if the problem reoccurs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi kapeman,

That indeed sounds like a serious issue! Upon review I was unable to locate other users reporting this issue. I've actually used the same product for a few months and never noticed an issue. Have you attempted to reset your Home Phone Connect? When was the last time that this occured? Please share some additional details with us, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

kapeman

Thanks for the reply.

I have reset the system numerous times and have even dialed *228 to try and resolve this issue.

It happens periodically and has since I purchased the product almost two years ago.

A 5 minute search turned up the following topics with all users reporting the same exact problem.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/852867

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/82...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kapeman,

Oh my, let's get your home phone connect back in business. I requested to follow you so please approve it and then follow me back so we can direct message. The steps are provided in this link http://vz.to/1lKLT9T. I look forward in hearing from you soon.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sheba99

I am having this exact same problem.  When it is happening, I can call my home from another phone, and get the message "the caller you are trying to reach is unavailable" or something like that.

We have called customer support several times, and still have the problem.

Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want your device to properly function Sheba99! I'm glad to hear that you did have the opportunity to contact us directly. Do you mind sharing what was explained with the call? Did you speak directly with one of our product technicians? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
PMStanton

We've been experiencing the same problem since we got the wireless home phone.  It's been the worst service EVER!  We are constantly having to reset the home phone and Verizon box, but it rarely helps.  We're very frustrated and want to just return the home system altogether.  Has anyone found a solution for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want you to have a reliable service you can count on, pmstanton. What zip code are you located in? Do you have a Verizon Wireless cellular device does it run into any issues in home?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kapeman

I was able to contact a Verizon tech that was very helpful.

He did a VLR on my line and then I did another *228.

So far, so good. I haven't tested in a couple of days, to see if the problem reoccurs.

0 Likes
BruceGreenleaf

I have the same issues here.

My phone almost never rings.Only occasionally.

Problem with voicemail, sometimes it takes 24 hours for the voicemail indicator to flash

saying there is new voicemail!

I don't care to have voicemail.

I DO care to have a phone that RINGS when I get a call!

Need to resolve this soon.

0 Likes