Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon disloyalty to its loyal customer
Alisoccertx

My friend when it comes to customer no service Verizon has beaten whole wireless companies . Verizon is the only company that did not honor their loyal grandfather unlimited data plans . Even AT&T has let their customers with grandfather unlimited data to keep their old plan and do upgrade when time comes . Verizon customer no service tells us after 4 years of being with them with 4 lines that we need to buy our phones out of pocket . Imagine each iphone is $700 . Every month or so they send us new shining offer to upgrade & lose our unlimited data plan . I agree with you about being disgusted by Verizon customer no service . I am currently looking for a wireless company . Verizon can you hear me now before all for of us leave for good . This is my Email address that Verizon you have in your system . (Removed)

Personal email removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Verizon disloyalty to its loyal customer
Not applicable

The devices must be paid at full price to keep unlimited data.

It is the gotcha you must decide. Pay $700-$800 for the device and keep unlimited data. Pay $0, $50 or $199 per device plus upgrade fee of $30 per line and lose it.

This has been Verizon's policy for many years now. Its your choice.

The other carriers have subsidized phones and contracts (AT&T and Sprint) but you do not get unlimited data. T-Mobile has no contracts and unlimited data plans. However you pay full price for the device and a $38 activation fee per line. Depending on how many lines your costs will be higher and quite frankly what good is buying from T-Mobile when they don't have great coverage?

Check out Sprints service, not to good coverage.

The choice is yours.

Good Luck

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

AT&T throttles unlimited data plans at 5GB

Verizon can't limit unlimited data plans unless you agree to new terms(reason why they have incentive to remove the plan unlike AT&T.

Sprint already went on record they will drop unlimited data plans if and when they have enough customers. T-Mobile did too. So lock in when you can at some point all carriers may do what Verizon is doing now.

rowdyonez

Hello Alisoccertx,

When you got your phone with unlimited data you were under certain terms and your phone was not capable of what phones are of doing today.

If you would like to have a phone at a discounted price then you get a 2 year contract right? This 2 year contract is just that, a contract. There are full details of this contract which are easily viewable. In alignment with the agreement, we the customer agree to choose a current plan to get a phone with a Verizon Wireless discount for a 2yr term. There is nothing fancy or conniving about that.

Unlimited mobile data is unrealistic in today's age. You will not find a single carrier willing to give you unlimited data with 4G speeds on a new contract. It is advertised this way, but if you read the fine print every single carrier will throttle you once you hit a certain GB number and that number is usually in alignment with the coverage they have. The more coverage the more they will throttle because the more you can actually use.

Verizon Wireless and every carrier has you on a month to month contract after your 2 year agreement is up. They could actually take away your unlimited data and force you to choose a current plan at the end of any bill cycle if you are no longer in contract and if you choose not to comply they could cancel your service. It is in the customer agreement.But that would be immoral, unethical business practice. Therefore they let you keep it. You have to realize Verizon only owes you services you pay for for the term of your contract. After that they are no longer bound to it. It is a contract.

It is completely reasonable for you to find the phone you wish to have from another source (the price you pay for it is your problem at that point) without another contract as it is for them to ask you to agree to a new contract term under their new data limits. You do not have to do it either one. You can keep your current phone forever and just get Insurance/Extended Warranty if you do not already have it during an open enrollment period. Thus only replacing your phone if it failed and keeping unlimited data.

0 Likes
BeefJerky

"Sprint already went on record they will drop unlimited data plans if and when they have enough customers. T-Mobile did too."

Source please. I did an extensive search on Google, and could not find these statements from either of those companies.

That said, be careful with buying another phone for your unlimited data on Verizon, as they have now officially stated that will implement throttling for the top 5% of users (~4.7GB), and not just for the current billing cycle, but for the next one as well. That said, they state that the throttling will only apply when on a cell site experiencing "high demand." They will implement this policy starting on October 1st.

As for me, I'm apparently one of the top 5% of users since I tend to use 6-8GB a month with my unlimited plan. I think that's actually ridiculously low in this day and age of HD media streaming, but I digress. I suppose I will wait and see if it affects me or not based on where I'm using the phone. If it doesn't, I will stay with them for the duration of the contract on my other line (which I used to get the Galaxy S5 for my unlimited line). If it does affect me, I will be looking at switching to T-Mobile or Sprint.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Of course not you won't find it. It was OLD news. They specifically stated the model was unsustainable and will eventually get rid of it. That's why they gave the "those who have unlimited will have it for life" speech.

Loyalty is a marketing tool. Gi with what works and don't bother with loyalty. Make companies work to keep you and don't flaunt loyalty.

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Here's a little change that went under the radar...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/sprint-slams-brakes-top-5-data-users-congested-areas/2014-05-08

Didn't Verizon just do this and Sprint went unnoticed. T-Mobile has the same clause in their contract.

People need to understand the difference between unlimited data and unlimited bandwidth.