Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon driving long time customers away. Why?
jn14years

I try to keep my business with Verizon.  Been with them over 14 years.

Have 5 lines, 2 smart, 3 basic.

Won't let me upgrade 3 basic lines to iPhone 5 via Edge program.

New customer can get them for free.

AT&T will give me $150/line (up to 4) that will cover my cost for leaving Verizon early.  Get me six iphone 6s, and still have the same plan costs.

Why does Verizon drive long time customers away like this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon driving long time customers away. Why?
Weth
Sr. Leader

Are your 3 basic phones out of contract? If not, when is their contract up?

No need to post multiple times the same info.

Re: Verizon driving long time customers away.  Why?
jn14years

They are still under contract.  I'm disappointed that a new customer can get a free iPhone 5, while a 14 year customer cannot even take advantage of an early Edge program to get one.  Even though one month ago a CSR supervisor told me that I could.

Now AT&T is offering enough $$ to make the early termination fees a non-factor when switching carriers.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Verizon did have an offer to get early Edge upgrade into an iPhone a few weeks back, but that is over now.

I tend to believe if I sign a 2 year contract I will honor it. Sounds like you already have your mind made up, hope the grass is greener. Take care and Happy Holidays.

0 Likes
Unlisted_Number

Well if you happen to reside in an area that provides the service, and use the One Bill to have (of course) single billing, this would be why the Edge program would be ineligible. It's a little tough to explain without going into detail, but to keep it short, if you're interested still in having the Edge program, you would need to call Verizon Communications and ask to de-enroll from your OneBill account. All billing would be separate, but at least you'll have the Edge.

Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

Michael S.

0 Likes