Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon need s Family Share Data Plans!!!
bellstop
Enthusiast

I've been with Verizon going on 14 years now; we have a family plan with 3 basic phones and soon to be adding a fourth line...

I have noticed over the past couple of years that Verizon has stopped putting out quality basic feature phones that really appeal to users like they used to.  I want to upgrade to Smart Phones but refuse to pay $30 per line for Data service...

I've been considering switching to Sprint this year because of their UNLIMITED family share data plans and now that they have the iPhone - it's even more tempting.

Verizon, it's time for you to get with the program and offer a Family Share Data Plan to your customers at a fair price with sufficient GB size to accommodate multiple users. If you continue to ignore your everyday, loyal customers who are left behind in Basic Phone hell...you will surely start to see a mass exodus!!!

Re: Verizon need s Family Share Data Plans!!!
Styph

I agree, I'm stuck in the same boat. I have a family plan and can't justify a $30 charge for each line!

0 Likes
budone
Super User
Super User

I have not looked recently, can you share what ATT and Sprints Data Family Share plans are and how much they are?

0 Likes
Not applicable

bellstop wrote:

I've been with Verizon going on 14 years now; we have a family plan with 3 basic phones and soon to be adding a fourth line...

I have noticed over the past couple of years that Verizon has stopped putting out quality basic feature phones that really appeal to users like they used to.  I want to upgrade to Smart Phones but refuse to pay $30 per line for Data service...

I've been considering switching to Sprint this year because of their UNLIMITED family share data plans and now that they have the iPhone - it's even more tempting.

Verizon, it's time for you to get with the program and offer a Family Share Data Plan to your customers at a fair price with sufficient GB size to accommodate multiple users. If you continue to ignore your everyday, loyal customers who are left behind in Basic Phone hell...you will surely start to see a mass exodus!!!

Not going to happen. Verizon does not need a shared data plan and there is no mass exodus.
0 Likes
JC2012

I agreed. $30 per phone is too much. Here is what I think, Verizon does not have the network bandwidth to handle all these  smartphones data, that's why they are charging $30 per phone to slow down the demand.

0 Likes
ywilky
Enthusiast

I agree with you 100%.  I have been with them for about 10 years now with three phones.  I REFUSE to pay the $30 per line for the data plans.  It's bad enough they don't at least give you roll-over minutes!  My contract is almost up and I'm curious to know if anyone knows what any of the other plans are offering.  Come on Verizon.....you have to at least reward loyalty with something.  I haven't heard too many good things about Sprint, but hey it might be worth putting up with them just to have the unlimited shared data plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ywilky wrote:

I agree with you 100%.  I have been with them for about 10 years now with three phones.  I REFUSE to pay the $30 per line for the data plans.  It's bad enough they don't at least give you roll-over minutes!  My contract is almost up and I'm curious to know if anyone knows what any of the other plans are offering.  Come on Verizon.....you have to at least reward loyalty with something.  I haven't heard too many good things about Sprint, but hey it might be worth putting up with them just to have the unlimited shared data plan.

WOW you really don't keep up do you? Verizon announced shared data 2 weeks ago. Sorry to say but I don't think you're going to like them any better.

0 Likes