Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon, please be like AT&T!
SeaJohn

Now that AT&T has annouced throttling of grandfathered, unlimited data plans, I've already seen speculation that Verizon will do the same.  I intentionally switched over to Verizon on June 30, so we could get grandfathered in on unlimited data. 

So far, I've been happy.  I really hope Verizon doesn't follow AT&T's lead.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon, please be like AT&T!
Ann154
Super User
Super User
Actually in looking deeper into this subject. Verizon had already announced that they can throttle the top 5% of users. This link was posted back in February of 2011.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/02/03/more-verizon-policy-changes-reducing-data-speeds-for-extraordin...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User
One, that subject line doesn't match very well to the body of your post.

Two, I agree that Verizon shouldn't become like AT&T. Especially in the signal quality aspect. I recently tried "Blue" and they failed miserably.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User
Actually in looking deeper into this subject. Verizon had already announced that they can throttle the top 5% of users. This link was posted back in February of 2011.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/02/03/more-verizon-policy-changes-reducing-data-speeds-for-extraordin...

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor
They have had that clause in their ToS for a long time, they just actually started doing it at that point
0 Likes
SeaJohn

I can't believe I did that in the title.  As is hopefully obvious, I meant 'DON'T be like AT&T'

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Sadly all carriers WILL do this.  Sprint WILL do it in the future and already went on the record stating to that fact multiple times last year.  There is NO carriers that I know of that offer unlimited without a throttle, or a capped limit outside of the US.

0 Likes
budone
Super User
Super User

SeaJohn wrote:

I can't believe I did that in the title.  As is hopefully obvious, I meant 'DON'T be like AT&T'

Go to your original post and click on, Report Inappropriate Content.

Ask the ADMIN or MOD to add the word DON'T to the title.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor

Thank you to the Community Members for your input. At this time, we have no  plans to "throttle" any of our data users. I would not be concerned about this happening.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable
Actually, you do have plans to throttle customers. These plans have already been announced. I guess it remains to be seen if they will be enforced or not.
0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor
The only thing we should do to be like At&t is get Luke Wilson as our Spokesman :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes