Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon 'promotional' emails using an old email address
AblativeChump

I recently received an email from Verizon with the subject "Great news: Your 5G Start plan now includes 5 GB/mo. of premium Mobile Hotspot data" but the email was sent to an email address that is years out of date, hasn't been an email associated with my account in a long time, and which I can't access any more. Let's call that email address X and my current email Y. Address X is forwarded to address Y, which is fine for today and until the provider stops forwarding, but why is Verizon sending email to address X at all when the only address associated with my account is Y? Is there some setting buried that isn't obvious where I can change out this old address for the new one?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 'promotional' emails using an old email address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, AblativeChump. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Have you attempted to update your email vis the My Verizon app, or Verizon website?

*Alexis

0 Likes
AblativeChump

I've looked through both the website and the my verizon app - both claim that my newest email address is linked to my account and listed in "Communication Preferences", so I'm quite puzzled why the old one was used. It's clear that the old email was associated somehow with my account info somehow because it was a targeted promotion for my specific plan type - a plan I switched to well after stopping use of that old email address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

There is a way you can change your email address. You can do so on your My Verizon app. I can send you a step by step tutorial, how does that sound?

*Cassandra

0 Likes
AblativeChump

I can try it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, AblativeChump. Once logged in to My Verizon go to > Account Settings > Account Settings Overview > Change email address. 

*Cassie

0 Likes