Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran discount unable to be applied
Jake0313

After purchasing a new phone, upgrading all lines to various unlimited plans, and adding a line; I am unable to apply the veteran discount to my account through the online verification or over the phone. 

When using the 3rd party online MilVetID verification process provided by VetRewards I successfully verify my service and log in through the pop-up on the Verizon page: https://www.verizon.com/military/

However, when I try to apply this deal, I am given a Verizon message that says:

"We're sorry. We’re not able to verify the link you used and are unable to transfer to your organization’s unique discount page. Though the link did not work, you can go to our consumer discount registration page below to see if your organization offers discounts with Verizon."

I then click "Register or renew your discount" and am asked to provide a paystub or work email... something veterans don't have.

Over an hour on the phone with customer service also failed to remedy the situation. 

I am unsure why I have to re-verify my veteran status in the first place after having either the military or veteran discount for over a decade. 

0 Likes
Re: Veteran discount unable to be applied
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for your sacrifices. We are here to help in anyway that we can. A Private Note is being sent to assist you further. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
DanielStraitiff

I am having the exact same issue. Please advise. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure all qualifying customers are receiving their discounts. Please, Private Message us anytime for an agent to take a look. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes