Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We just switched to a jetpack for wifi and within 24 hours used 1.8GB with only typical web browsing, no videos and two Kindle downloads. What's going on??? Why is it using so much data?
mizliz74

We had a 5GB plan with an air card for the past 4 years and rarely went over our data plan but wanted wifi. We were told the jetpack was the way to go. But within 24 hours of setting it up we went through almost 20% of our monthly allowance! We didn't use the computer any differently than we usually do and only used the wifi for 2 Kindle downloads and then disconnected the device from wifi (verified on the jetpack) yet our usage is going through the roof. I will blow through my 10GB in a week at this rate. Very frustrated and don't know where to look for "leaks." help? Any ideas? I don't seem to have any devices drawing from wifi that I don't know about.

0 Likes
Re: We just switched to a jetpack for wifi and within 24 hours used 1.8GB with only typical web browsing, no videos and two Kindle downloads. What's going on??? Why is it using so much data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Mizliz74,

Overages are no good! I know how important it is to make sure that your data usage is accurate. Let's get this mystery resolved. Are you turning off the jetpack when you completed using the device? Have you given anyone else your jetpack password? You can use the data calculator to see what might be using the most data on the device http://vz.to/1g0uFH9

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: We just switched to a jetpack for wifi and within 24 hours used 1.8GB with only typical web browsing, no videos and two Kindle downloads. What's going on??? Why is it using so much data?
sirdavepercival

EXACT SAME THING HERE but VERIZON DENIES and calls us LIARS......

HAHAHAHAHHAHA  Verizon DENIES even hearing about such issues. DENIES even knowing the forums are full of this issue but then tells me that those who post on forums are LIARS. Accused me of lying then talked about how much integrity verizon has. HAHAHAHAHA what a joke. Expect unexplainable overages. Expect verizon to continue stealing until you either a) fulfill your contract and escape or b) cancel and pay the termination fee (I suggest canceling as it will be cheaper to pay these (removed) their extortion than to continue to pay overages THAT DO NOT EXIST) You are NOT USING the data, the data is MISCALCULATED/MISREPORTED or verizon is just jacking with everyone to increase revenue, increase stock value,increase bonuses. RICO anyone? WHERE ARE THE LAWYERS WITH THE CLASS ACTION ON BEHALF of those of us stuck in our verizon (removed)??

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes