Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I not eligible for the Verizon 55+ Plan
MITNOL55

Sir/Ma'am. I contacted your company this morning to inquire about signing up for the Verizon New 55+ Plan - for Go Unlimited Plan. I currently have the Go Unlimited Plan, and am retired, and my spouse and I qualify for the plan per our ages. I was told and shown that this plan was available only to people in a limited amount of states (Detroit, Florida, Illinois, Missouri and Texas). My big concern and question was/is "WHY IS THIS PLAN ONLY AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE IN 5 US STATES?" Verizon is an American Company (I think), serving customers in America, and America is not limited to Detroit, Florida, Illinois, Missouri and Texas. I believe that if Verizon offers a plan for its customers it should be available for ALL of its customers at the same time. If they qualify great, if they don't too bad but at least they have the opportunity. There should be no favoritism or preferential treatment shown to any individual, group of individuals or region of individuals in the United States. This is the most certain way to cause dissension, distrust and departure in any atmosphere where people are part of an larger group (company, club, team, member, etc.). So I would like to know why this happened and when will the remainder of the fine customer citizens of America that Verizon serves will be notified of eligibility of this Plan. Thank you.

Re: Why am I not eligible for the Verizon 55+ Plan
jav6

From older posts regarding this subject, 55+ Plan, test markets were set up.  That may still be the case and why it is not rolled out nationwide.  Maybe an agent @vzw_customer_support  will chime in here and comment/clarify this?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
boringusername

@jav6 wrote:

From older posts regarding this subject, 55+ Plan, test markets were set up.  That may still be the case and why it is not rolled out nationwide.  Maybe an agent @vzw_customer_support  will chime in here and comment/clarify this?

How long do they need to test this? It came out in Feb 2018 in Florida. In July 2018 they added Illinois and Missouri, In Oct 2018 they added Texas and Detroit. Since then NOTHING. This is my biggest gripe about Verizon. And since T-Mobile added 600 MHz and 700 MHz in my area thier coverage should be as good as Verizon here. Ocne phones are paid if it's going to be awfully tempting to leave. And the sad thing is it doesn't have to be that way. Heck their Essentials plan which is basically their verison of Go is $120 for 4 lines comapred to $160 for Go on Verizon. There Megenta Plan which is $160 like Go give you 50 GB before derprioritization and 3 GB LTE hotspot. And that $160 inlcudeds taxes and fees. taxes and fees on 4liens in my area are $18 a month total. So $160 vs $178 and more perks. Why are we staying with Verizon?

pamella123

I live in Virginia and have the same question.  When will this plan be available nationwide?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, pamella123. It's important to have the best plan for your needs, so I understand wanting more information about the 55+ plan. I'm here to help. While I don't have specific information at this time, we always keep our customers informed regarding available products, services and plans on VZW.com. I would be happy to review your plan options. Please check your private messages for more information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes