Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do I pay for my plan and then so much just for Line access for my smartphone?
daybreak1973

Just don't understand why I pay $90 for 8GB of data and then pay $80 for my two smartphones to use said data. Can anyone explain to me? Does anyone else believe that this is a ripoff? I mean does it really cost Verizon $40 just to have my smartphone line open? I honestly think not!! Dawn

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why do I pay for my plan and then so much just for Line access for my smartphone?
Weth
Sr. Leader

Verizon's pricing suggests the smartphone line access is $15, and $25 is the payback for a subsidized phone (With 10 GB or more data)

when when you are out of contract line access is just $ 15

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why do I pay for my plan and then so much just for Line access for my smartphone?
Not applicable

That's the way they have it set up. At&t plans work the same way. Doesn't matter if it cost them $40 or 40 cents. So Verizon should only charge cost? McDonald's has 2 Big Macs for $5. Do you think it costs them anywhere near $5 to make 2 Big Macs? If you do not think the pricing is fair then the best way to show your displease is speaking with your wallet and going with another carrier. For the record my line fee is $15 since I'm off contract.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Verizon's pricing suggests the smartphone line access is $15, and $25 is the payback for a subsidized phone (With 10 GB or more data)

when when you are out of contract line access is just $ 15

0 Likes