Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do I use less data one month than another...I do the same actions on my phone and pc each month?
smokeythebear

My husband and I both have Iphones and use them and our computer about the same each month. 
So why is it that one month we don't even use near the limit of our data plan and the next month we get warnings to up our data plan because we have used 90% of our data?

0 Likes
Re: Why do I use less data one month than another...I do the same actions on my phone and pc each month?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

smokeythebear,

I can certainly understand your concern and would love the opportunity to further address them with you.

While it may appear that our usage is the same month over month, there are many factors that can increase a data usage from one month to another. Some of those factors include software and application updates, availability of Wi-Fi connection during the billing cycle, if any movies/music have been streamed throughout the month.

For privacy and security reasons, although we are unable to view the actual content that is causing the increase you can view the amount of data used per session to determine the patter of data usage and find when the usage is increasing. To view this usage sign into your My Verizon account online and select the View Usage details link under the data used section.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes