Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why is VZ removing discounts from retired employees?
bluemagoo

I had a long time VZ family plan discount with my long time former employer, National Grid but VZ has just notified that they will be eliminating that discount shortly. Why is VZ treating long time customers, who are now on fixed incomes, in such a customer unfriendly manner?

0 Likes
Re: Why is VZ removing discounts from retired employees?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Verizon has been having all their customers who get a discount to verify their eligibility this year. You need to check with your former employer to find out if their company still included retirees in their contract with Verizon for the employee discount. If retirees are included then you need to find out what information is needed to prove your eligibility for the discount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Scott3

We are ALL losing our discounts if retired. Start looking for a new carrier! Others out there use verizon network. Of course when we all leave and go to the new companies, they will cut them off when their contracts run out. Its all about the money brother!!

SydneyK

It's your former employer who determines discount eligibility. You should contact National Grid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Scott@AZ,

I would definitely be sad if you left the VZW family! I understand every penny counts and I want to make sure we review all of your account options to save! Although the employee validation may not be able to be renewed due to the agreement from your previous employer, we still have great plan options. We have a free tool called Account Analysis here: http://vz.to/14Ea6sh that provides usage details and the best plan suggestions.

Which plan are you currently on? What type of usage do you have?

Please share some details!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Scott3

My issue has been resolved through customer support. I'm staying with verizon! Thank you for your concern. Check out "update on retiree discount".

0 Likes