Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Wifi calling not really "free of charge."
jav6
Leader

@UnlimitedWebAnEmailOG wrote:

The reason minutes are charged is that we are using YOUR network to make the call. It if I’m making a WiFi call using my ATT internet, instead of your network, why are my minutes being deducted?

You are still using the VZW network although from the ATT-to-VZW internet gateway.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

UnlimitedWebAnEmailOG, 

I hear what you are saying regarding using Wi-Fi calling while on another network. Here are more details about how Wi-Fi calling works in relation to our plans: 

http://spr.ly/66021mDHM 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Novice

It does not cost anything to have Wi-Fi Calling service on your account and compatible phone. Keep in mind that if you do not have unlimited minutes on your plan, Wi-Fi calls will still use your minutes. Also, when you send or receive text and/or multimedia messages over Wi-Fi, it will count against your messaging limit, if you do not have unlimited messaging. However, assuming that you have unlimited minutes and unlimited messaging, you don't need to worry about paying extra in regards to your minutes or messages, regardless of whether you are using Wi-Fi Calling or not. 411 Search fees still apply, unless you have applied for a 411 Search Fee exemption and you prove that you have a visual, physical, or cognitive disability. Even then, other premium call fees still apply.

0 Likes