Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will it cost anything to port number from virgin to a vzw family plan?
jonnyapple

I looked and couldn't see this (slightly convoluted) situation covered anywhere. I was wondering if you could help.

I use one line of a 5-phone family plan (I'm not the account owner). I have a sister who is interested in taking over the line but would like to bring her virgin mobile pay-as-you-go number when she takes over the phone. I don't need to take the current vzw number with me, so would there be any charge from verizon for that? Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Will it cost anything to port number from virgin to a vzw family plan?
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From what I am getting from the post you shouldn't get charged to port number but you may have a Early Termination Fee and I am not sure if the prepaid number can be ported... 

Under normal situations you should be able to port your number to the company you want which would leave your device dead and then they port their number (Your Sister) and activate on your device as long as all past due balances are payed.

0 Likes
Re: Will it cost anything to port number from virgin to a vzw family plan?
jonnyapple

Thanks for the reply, Wildman. I guess the ETF was what I was afraid of. She says she did call verizon and they told her the virgin number could be ported.

But to avoid paying anything, it sounds like she'll just have to take the number I've been using and lose her old number. Someone correct that if I'm not thinking right. I guess I thought I might not have to pay the ETF if I don't need to take my current vzw number anywhere else.

0 Likes