Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
add tethering to my Droid will it cancle my unlimited plan?
turbov6camaro

hello

I moved to the country and we have no internet, in order to test what mobile data plan i would like to use i would like to tether my phone (driod bionic) and test the Verizon speeds on 3g, and then i will test sprint, and buy the fastest/reliable one.

will adding this plan affect my grand fathered unlimited package? is there a data limit on the tethering? we would like to watch some VOD from directv to test the connections.

also why in the hell does Verizon not offer an unlimited mobile data plan (for usb/pc cards) for people the rural areas? i'm about to drop $120/month for one such plan if spring works at my house. I would use verizon only but your terms of service do not allow it to be the only internet connection even tho it IS the only one in my area

0 Likes
Re: add tethering to my Droid will it cancle my unlimited plan?
PJNC284

turbov6camaro wrote:

also why in the hell does Verizon not offer an unlimited mobile data plan (for usb/pc cards) for people the rural areas? i'm about to drop $120/month for one such plan if spring works at my house. I would use verizon only but your terms of service do not allow it to be the only internet connection even tho it IS the only one in my area

Think you answered your own question there.  They don't intend on it being a replacement for a dedicated internet.  Sprint also has a clause that prohibits such use.  Also make sure that you're not in a sprint roaming area as they're not too fond of that either.

"The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There used to be an unlimited data plan for the USB modems. It was retired several years ago. You can only select from the tiered data plans for USB modems now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
turbov6camaro

There are 3rd patrys that use the sprint network that are unlimited still. Also it is not fair to hold people to the that policy if it is there only way to access the net. wireless, or sat-comm. sat-comm is to laggy and dial up don't work at my house.

also that says you can use it for domestic purpose, it does not say it can't be your only connection like Verizon does.

I'm not in a sprint roam area  i would use direction anntee to further increase the signals , would do that same on the Verizon network.

we have no dedicated internet here........

0 Likes
turbov6camaro

that does not help me, we use 100-200GB month at our old house, we are heavy streaming users and online gaming, those face book games  use a ton of data

0 Likes
PJNC284

I included the quote just for the roaming clause.  Below is also from Sprint's Terms and Conditions and I would hazard to guess ALL carriers prohibit using the cell network as a dedicated line.  "Unlimited" is and never has been truly unlimited and unfortunately carriers aren't in the rural broadband business.

Protecting Our Networks & Services

We can take any action to: (1) protect our networks, our rights and interests, or the rights of others; or (2) optimize or improve the overall use of our networks and Services. Some of these actions may interrupt or prevent legitimate communications and usage—for example, message filtering/blocking software to prevent SPAM or viruses; limiting throughput; limiting access to certain websites, applications, or other Data Content; prohibitions on unintended uses (for example, use as a dedicated line, or use as a monitoring service), etc. For additional information on what we do to protect our customers, networks, Services, and equipment, see our Acceptable Use Policy and Visitors Agreement at our website.:

0 Likes
turbov6camaro

http://www.broadbandqwireless.com/

http://www.millenicom.com/page/plans#unlimited_plan

they do it some how.

any way do you have and answer to my question or not? or do you just like to argue on the internet?

0 Likes
budone
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to look into other alternatives if you use that much data.

turbov6camaro

Like? open to suggestions here!

no dsl

no cable

no dial up (the lines suck even the security system can't use the phone! )

0 Likes
PJNC284

Your question was answered.  Go for it.  We await your posts complaining about whatever carrier you choose.  As for the links, a) neither are cellphone carriers, b) 1 charges $119/mo for 1Mbps (lolz) and c) the other only allows 20GB on one plan and has "Usage over 50 gigabytes in one month will alert our investigative team." on the other..  Now I'm taking my ball and going home.

0 Likes