Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
discounted plan for phones that are paid for
2loons

I am wondering if I purchase a phone for full price or my contract expires and I then own the phone if there is a discounted line charge rather than having to still pay for a subsidized phone that is paid for..

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: discounted plan for phones that are paid for
ttipgem

No.  Not at Verizon.  At least not yet.  It doesn't work that way.  Your monthly service plan will cost the same.

0 Likes
21stNow

I would have thought that BYOD customers could get the same pricing on the More Everything plans that Verizon Edge customers do, but I guess that's too much like right.  Verizon Wireless should make this change in order to be more competitive.  

Verizonbytes

Yep   and it would be nice if they would automatically put you on the edge plan and give us the $160 a month with out you having to call them..

Then they have nerve telling you after 15 years with them mostly on auto pay... that we doe not qualify for this program

told meThat i would have to have a continue timely payments for the next 6 months... What???? I'm on Auto Pay...

If my credit was that bad they never even let me upgrade on the old plan... Oh Heck why not let me upgrade? you pay $199 for some phone that is all they are worth in my opinion anyway...and they bind you to a 2 year deal ..make you pay 350 ETF if you leave.

I have had it with Verizon... Over charge you every single month and even if you have your own phone paid fore they still charge you the same... They want you to up grade.... makes you fee like toy are getting your moneys worth...

Im going to T Mobile... They pay my ETFs  and give me something for my phones...  Bye Bye Verizon

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Verizonbytes wrote:

Yep   and it would be nice if they would automatically put you on the edge plan and give us the $160 a month with out you having to call them..  

Then they have nerve telling you after 15 years with them mostly on auto pay... that we doe not qualify for this program

told meThat i would have to have a continue timely payments for the next 6 months... What???? I'm on Auto Pay...

If my credit was that bad they never even let me upgrade on the old plan... Oh Heck why not let me upgrade? you pay $199 for some phone that is all they are worth in my opinion anyway...and they bind you to a 2 year deal ..make you pay 350 ETF if you leave.

I have had it with Verizon... Over charge you every single month and even if you have your own phone paid fore they still charge you the same... They want you to up grade.... makes you fee like toy are getting your moneys worth...

Im going to T Mobile... They pay my ETFs  and give me something for my phones...  Bye Bye Verizon

Possibly you are not aware the Edge Plan is a phone purchase agreement where you agree to pay the full retail cost of the phone over a 20 month period. If you think phones are not worth more than $199, why would you think it nice to be automatically put on the Edge Plan and pay for a phone to the tune of $500-$600???

Good luck with your new provider, especially since you will be paying much more than that $199 for phones there.Smiley Happy

0 Likes