Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
early termination
ayb0701

i just added my boyfriend a line about 2 months ago, and now i would like to terminate his line because he is leaving the U.S. .... How much would the termination fee be? Someone said 175 someone else said 350....

0 Likes
Re: early termination
Not applicable

If he has a smartphone, it's $350 minus $10 X 2 months of service = $330

If he has a feature phone, it's $175 minus $5 X 2 months of service = $165

0 Likes
kovard

My husband wants to cancel his android off his friends plan. it is a two year plan that ends in January. is it the same for the early termination fee for the longer service? Also couldn't we just go and switch his phone from an android to a feature phone and pay a lower termination fee?

0 Likes
Not applicable

He could probably have his line transferred from his friend's plan to your plan if that is what you are trying to do.  Otherwise ETF is $350 minus $10 X 17 months of service = $180.  And no, he can't switch to a feature phone and pay a lower fee.  The ETF is based on the phone he purchased on his current 2-year contract that Verizon sold for a subsidized price.

0 Likes
jaydub24

Will Verizon show any sympathy on a person who just got out of an engagement to someone and wants to get rid of them off his plan.  I have my ex-fiance and her sister and broter in-law on my plan and want them off.  Do you think they will waive one of the early termination fees and only make me pay one of them.  Right now i am looking at paying 270 a person to get them off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Completing an Assumption of Liability will transfer the billing responsibility of those lines to the other people without the Early Termination Fees.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

jaydub24 wrote:

Will Verizon show any sympathy on a person who just got out of an engagement to someone and wants to get rid of them off his plan.  I have my ex-fiance and her sister and broter in-law on my plan and want them off.  Do you think they will waive one of the early termination fees and only make me pay one of them.  Right now i am looking at paying 270 a person to get them off.

You will be stuck paying the bill if they choose not to do an assumption of liability. If they don't want to do an AOL or pay you for the charges, I'd suspend their lines, that way they can't use the phones or run up your bill. Then they might agree to do an AOL.

0 Likes