Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help--did I just give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan?
drsdkelley

Hello all,

I just bought an iphone 4s--upgraded from a Droid smartphone. On my old bill my data plan is "email & web unlimited" for $29.99. Did I made a mistake when ordering the new phone--I clicked on the 2G plan and that is what is shown in my order. Did I just give up my grandfathered plan? I really don't understand all this stuff. Could someone help me understand if that "email & web unlimited" was the grandfathered unlimited data plan I keep seeing discussed on this forum? Does that allow me to upload pictures, stream radio/movies, etc.? Or do I really need one of the tiered plans like the 2G? I will try to revise my order through customer service if need be. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: help--did I just give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

drsdkelley wrote:

Hello all,

I just bought an iphone 4s--upgraded from a Droid smartphone. On my old bill my data plan is "email & web unlimited" for $29.99. Did I made a mistake when ordering the new phone--I clicked on the 2G plan and that is what is shown in my order. Did I just give up my grandfathered plan? I really don't understand all this stuff. Could someone help me understand if that "email & web unlimited" was the grandfathered unlimited data plan I keep seeing discussed on this forum? Does that allow me to upload pictures, stream radio/movies, etc.? Or do I really need one of the tiered plans like the 2G? I will try to revise my order through customer service if need be. Thank you so much.

No, this is not the grandfathered unlimited plan. As soon as you activate your phone, you should call Verizon and have your unlimited plan reinstated. The 2GB plan shouldn't take effect until you activate your new phone, but you could just check to make sure. Once the 2GB plan takes effect, you should have 14 days to have the unlimited plan reinstated, or you will lose it for good.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

drsdkelley wrote:

Hello all,

No, this is not the grandfathered unlimited plan. As soon as you activate your phone, you should call Verizon and have your unlimited plan reinstated. The 2GB plan shouldn't take effect until you activate your new phone, but you could just check to make sure. Once the 2GB plan takes effect, you should have 14 days to have the unlimited plan reinstated, or you will lose it for good.

0 Likes
drsdkelley

Thank you so much! I just got off the phone with customer service and they just said to call them when I active the new phone and they will make sure that my account shows that I have the unlimited plan. She did say that "Email and web unlimited" for $29.99 IS the unlimited plan.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

you have a lkmited amount of time to do this

iirc its 14 days, so dont forget

0 Likes