Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
high bills
GeneGJr66

I am paying very high cellular bills each month and every month I am paying $100 or more I have an I Phone 4 S and my July 2014 bill is $176.87 I called customer service and tried to fight it out with them but to no avail bc I told them I am not going to pay a $100 or more cellular bill each month and I want a plan thats $50 per month with unlimited everything and I am not paying anything higher than $50 they said there is no such plan you all know people like to use alot of data like me but dont want to pay a high amount for it I also told them I would like to use my cellular data like my computer at home  and they said no to that and they suggested to upgrade my existing plan with more data and I told them if I change my plan I would  still have to pay the balance on my existing  plan also so I would be paying for 2 plans I told them and I say no way to that ALL I WANT IS A CELL PHONE PLAN I CAN AFFORD WITH DATA INCLUDED BC I MAY LEAVE VERIZON AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IM ALSO BEING CHARGED $15 FOR DATA OVERAGES THATS SO STUPID THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

0 Likes
Re: high bills
MKFREDERICK

I'm getting the same way. I've been with Verizon since 1998 and each year the bill grows to the point that I can no longer afford it. I also can't afford to disconnect the lines because they charge you $400 per line! I'm on a payment plan, the service of their customer care and wireless is great but the damn bill sends you to the poor house with bad credit!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

They don't charge $400 per line. The most is $350 if you just upgraded. It goes lower progressed over time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are not going to get $50 unlimited everything on Verizon wireless.

T-Mobile and Sprint are the last two doors down the hall

Good Luck

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Sprint and t-mobile is out too

Sprint unlimited everything for $50 has stipulations. You have to be on a payment plan, and it must be iPhones. You'll end up actually paying at least $100 with taxes and fees.

T-mobile doesn't even have a $50 unlimited everything plan. That's just 1gb a data.

MVNO say unlimited everything however they will throttle you after 2.5gb of data on average(TOS agreement).

Not applicable

Yep T-Mobile's unlimited plan is $80 a month. That doesn't include the cost of the device. The don't offer subsidies so you're either paying full price upfront or over 24 months.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I was just talking with Tidbits, I have a friend jumping over he thinks to T-Mobile.

He is slated to get an HTC One (M8) Windows Phone. If I cannot talk him out of it.

The guy at the local store said "no money down" outside of taxes on the device. Under $50 he stated.

However he told him T-Mobile has a $50 unlimited Talk, Text and data plan and with that he can pay $27 a month on EIP plus the $9.99 for insurance (told him it was mandatory) with a $38 activation fee and $10 for the Sim card which will appear on his first invoice.

$50 plus taxes and Fees so say        $55 a month

$27. EIP                                                  $27 a month

$10 insurance

$97 a month

I hope he wasn't lied to. I will go by with him. I also see no $50 plan unlimited everything. Strange.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If you add a data plan for "unlimited" everything then that's an additional $30 for the data plan without throttling.  If he's happy with 1GB of data before throttling then it will be the plan at $50. 

Unlike Sprint T-Mobile will allow you to get their base plan without a paying extra for data, and also you can BYOD while Sprint has stipulations like the iPhone 4 life plan.  Which is $50 and you have to put an iPhone on  a payment plan to even get that plan.  You can't BYOD your iPhone nor can you buy the iPhone outright to get the plan.

Not applicable

Hmmm I am thinking he is getting a story told to him.

He told me he uses his phone as a hot spot and he teathers his lap top on his device.

So I don't think 1 GB is going to do it.

I will have to go with him. I know how dishonest T-Mobile is from experience. He will not fall for it if its pointed out as incorrect.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

then he will need to get a higher data plan.  The data plans do include tethering(all of them even the base plan) up to your allotted amount.  The unlimited data plan however isn't unlimited it's 5.5GB I think it was might be 6GB.  If he wants I can go into full detail on how it's broken down with him.

0 Likes