Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
high bills
GeneGJr66

I am paying very high cellular bills each month and every month I am paying $100 or more I have an I Phone 4 S and my July 2014 bill is $176.87 I called customer service and tried to fight it out with them but to no avail bc I told them I am not going to pay a $100 or more cellular bill each month and I want a plan thats $50 per month with unlimited everything and I am not paying anything higher than $50 they said there is no such plan you all know people like to use alot of data like me but dont want to pay a high amount for it I also told them I would like to use my cellular data like my computer at home  and they said no to that and they suggested to upgrade my existing plan with more data and I told them if I change my plan I would  still have to pay the balance on my existing  plan also so I would be paying for 2 plans I told them and I say no way to that ALL I WANT IS A CELL PHONE PLAN I CAN AFFORD WITH DATA INCLUDED BC I MAY LEAVE VERIZON AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IM ALSO BEING CHARGED $15 FOR DATA OVERAGES THATS SO STUPID THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

0 Likes
Re: high bills
MKFREDERICK

I'm getting the same way. I've been with Verizon since 1998 and each year the bill grows to the point that I can no longer afford it. I also can't afford to disconnect the lines because they charge you $400 per line! I'm on a payment plan, the service of their customer care and wireless is great but the damn bill sends you to the poor house with bad credit!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

They don't charge $400 per line. The most is $350 if you just upgraded. It goes lower progressed over time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are not going to get $50 unlimited everything on Verizon wireless.

T-Mobile and Sprint are the last two doors down the hall

Good Luck

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Sprint and t-mobile is out too

Sprint unlimited everything for $50 has stipulations. You have to be on a payment plan, and it must be iPhones. You'll end up actually paying at least $100 with taxes and fees.

T-mobile doesn't even have a $50 unlimited everything plan. That's just 1gb a data.

MVNO say unlimited everything however they will throttle you after 2.5gb of data on average(TOS agreement).

Not applicable

Yep T-Mobile's unlimited plan is $80 a month. That doesn't include the cost of the device. The don't offer subsidies so you're either paying full price upfront or over 24 months.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I was just talking with Tidbits, I have a friend jumping over he thinks to T-Mobile.

He is slated to get an HTC One (M8) Windows Phone. If I cannot talk him out of it.

The guy at the local store said "no money down" outside of taxes on the device. Under $50 he stated.

However he told him T-Mobile has a $50 unlimited Talk, Text and data plan and with that he can pay $27 a month on EIP plus the $9.99 for insurance (told him it was mandatory) with a $38 activation fee and $10 for the Sim card which will appear on his first invoice.

$50 plus taxes and Fees so say        $55 a month

$27. EIP                                                  $27 a month

$10 insurance

$97 a month

I hope he wasn't lied to. I will go by with him. I also see no $50 plan unlimited everything. Strange.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If you add a data plan for "unlimited" everything then that's an additional $30 for the data plan without throttling.  If he's happy with 1GB of data before throttling then it will be the plan at $50. 

Unlike Sprint T-Mobile will allow you to get their base plan without a paying extra for data, and also you can BYOD while Sprint has stipulations like the iPhone 4 life plan.  Which is $50 and you have to put an iPhone on  a payment plan to even get that plan.  You can't BYOD your iPhone nor can you buy the iPhone outright to get the plan.

Not applicable

Hmmm I am thinking he is getting a story told to him.

He told me he uses his phone as a hot spot and he teathers his lap top on his device.

So I don't think 1 GB is going to do it.

I will have to go with him. I know how dishonest T-Mobile is from experience. He will not fall for it if its pointed out as incorrect.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

then he will need to get a higher data plan.  The data plans do include tethering(all of them even the base plan) up to your allotted amount.  The unlimited data plan however isn't unlimited it's 5.5GB I think it was might be 6GB.  If he wants I can go into full detail on how it's broken down with him.

0 Likes