Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
home phone connect no dial tone or service for 5 days now.
Jen1919

Hi, I need help with my home phone connect. Have had service for over a year now.  I have no dial tone or any service for 5 days now. My phones are good so its not that. Everything is wired correctly. The device model F256VW powers on but my phones just say (No Line) OR (Line in use) Turning the device off an on does not help. Please help. Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: home phone connect no dial tone or service for 5 days now.
Jen1919

The problem is with the device itself not my phones. I have tried to get real help with this for days now! My phone has not worked for 7 days now! This is ridiculous!  I have found a real solution to the problem. Straighttalk offers the same exact thing for $15 month Vs Verizon's $25 month.  I will just purchase one of their devices and get my phone back working again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is definitely strange, Jen1919. Let's try a few things. Have you tried connecting the phone to the other phone jack/line two available on the back of the Home Phone Connect? Any difference? Also when you power off the device, are you removing the battery as well?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jen1919

I have tried both jacks in the back of the unit. No change. I did remove the battery and unplug the device several times. I even left it this way once overnight. Didn't help.  If I dial my # from another phone (my home phone wont ring) BUT if I pick it up it makes clicking noises. Any idea? Bad device maybe? Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for this additional details, Jen1919. Just to make sure, the phone wire coming out of line 1 or 2 from the Home Phone Connect (HPC) is going directly into a phone base, or wired phone, correct? It is not connected to a phone jack at home.

I'm sure the phones themselves aren't the issue either, but just in case, have you tried an old wired phone if you have one around, to connect to the HPC?

I have sent you a Follow request, Jen1919. If this is still continuing, please Follow me back, and send me a DM. This way we can help review options. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jen1919

The problem is with the device itself not my phones. I have tried to get real help with this for days now! My phone has not worked for 7 days now! This is ridiculous!  I have found a real solution to the problem. Straighttalk offers the same exact thing for $15 month Vs Verizon's $25 month.  I will just purchase one of their devices and get my phone back working again.

0 Likes