Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone 5 won't call out
turfnut

I'm sitting in my office on a University campus supposedly covered by 4G network and my new iPhone 5 can't get a call out.  It just say's "calling" but never connects.  I let it try to call for several minutes and still would not go out.  I've tried different numbers...nothing works.  Oh, and it shows full bars for coverage.  Any ideas?

photo.PNG 

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 won't call out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@turfnut,

Having a reliable phone is definitely a must, especially when it comes to work or school! Let's get to the bottom of this and make sure you're able to make and receive calls so you can go back to enjoying your service with VZW.

What's the zip code where you're experiencing these challenges? When did this start? Are you able to make/receive calls when outside the office? Can you access the Internet on the phone?

Let's try resetting the network settings http://vz.to/16ZnIy8 on the phone and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persists.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Steveyy13

I have had the same issues since we moved into our place 2 years ago. It is ridiculous how terrible your coverage out here. My zip code is 37013 and it is nearest Piercy Priest lake. I can make a call 1/10 times and it will actually work. Most of the time the call either drops or I have the same thing where it is perpetually saying calling. If things don't change we are thinking of switching providers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello again, Steveyy13! Glad to hear back from you. You had previously stated that the service issue was in your office in a university campus. It's been nearly a year since you last posted. Is that were you are now (in zip code 37013) or is this a different location? I ask that because you stated that the service has been this way since you moved to that area. Not sure if this is a home or work location.

Also, JohnB recommended a reset of your device. Were you able to try it?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Steveyy13

This is my first post, this is my home and my connection is poor at best. Not resetting my device since no one I know can make a call here which is pretty sad considering it is a part of metro Nashville.

>> Personal information removed and post edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Steveyy13,

I appreciate your reply and certainly understand your hesitation but I assure you this is the best step. I looked into the area and don't see any other reports at this time; coverage looks great at first sight. In addition, I tried calling you but there was no answer, so I did leave a voicemail message. Since this is public forum, we suggest removing your personal information for your protection. Please go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Then, test the calls and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Steveyy13

Can you please remove my info on there as I was replying to you via email and it had my signature on it. Your website does not have an easy enough section to get remove this data. Also, I will not go through a reset of my device. I recently had to get a new iPhone and my phone did not get any better. My wife's cell, my work cell and my personal cell all have the same problem. The reason you may not have gotten many complaints is people may not seek out such message boards often. I can take a drive around my neighborhood for about 2 mile or more and not have service more than 1 bar if at best 2 bars very sporadically. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Steveyy13, I can see why you would conclude that the service in the area is problematic. Has a trouble ticket ever been filed for your account to find out from our Network Team if anything can be done to improve service?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes