Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
is unlimited hotspot still available to grandfathered unlimited data?
masteraj1
I currently use a 3g, droid 2 phone, with grandfathered unlimited data plan. I would like to buy a new 4g phone to replace my droid 2. Am I able to add unlimited hotspot feature to my current unlimited data plan?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: is unlimited hotspot still available to grandfathered unlimited data?
Not applicable

That is great that you want to upgrade to a 4g phone!  We have many good phones to choose from.  As far as your plan goes: yes your unlimited hot spot will carry over when you upgrade.  I’ve also included a link here for you to review our latest phones.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is great that you want to upgrade to a 4g phone!  We have many good phones to choose from.  As far as your plan goes: yes your unlimited hot spot will carry over when you upgrade.  I’ve also included a link here for you to review our latest phones.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Doodlebugger

I'd like to be clear on the unlimited hotspot feature.  I currently have unlimited data on a Blackberry Storm that is eligible for an upgrade.  I've spoke two to agent at 611 and gotten different answers to this question.

If I upgrade to a Droid Bionic or a Razar, because I already have an unlimited data plan, that plan would carry over to the new Droid as an unlimited data plan, Correct?  Okay here were the conflict occurred.  If I add the mobile hotspot feature to the Droid for $35.00 per month.  That hotspot will have unlimited data as well because of the grandfathered data plan on the phone.  If that is correct, I will order my new phone today.  

0 Likes
babyblue1962

What they are telling me is when you upgrade your phone you will loose your unlimited data. The only way you can keep this is if you don't get a new phone. I have talked with 4 different representatives on this & they ALL say the same thing & this was coming from their reps that come into the store. I work for a retailer & this is what they are telling them.

0 Likes
PJNC284

That's if you upgrade AFTER June 28th.  After that date, you'll need to choose one of the regular tiered data packages for your line or switch to a Share Everything plan if you choose to upgrade and sign a new contract.

sunshine999299

What if just upgrade my phone to a 4g from a 3g, but I don't purchase my phone through Verizon, so I don't use the "upgrade" feature?  Will my plan remain as is?  With the grandfathered unlimited data?

I just recently purchases a 4g droid from eBay, and now want to update my phone out here, but never thought about t being a plan change.

I currently have an LG Ally and am switching to a HTC Thunderbolt.

So I am not changing my plan, and I am not signing up for a new contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm glad to hear about your exciting purchase of a 4G device! You will be able to retain your unlimited data feature, as the device is being purchased from an independent source! Enjoy your Thunderbolt! ^JHK