Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no veterans discount
tysonsgiz

I have been trying since December to recieve my veterans discount. I have 4 lines am on an unlimted plan have submitted my DD-214 so many times I have lost count I started in the store when I first switched to verizon from sprint I have spoken to representatives chatted with them and still nothing 10 months of frustration I find this very disrespectful I don"t blame the front line employees they are very polite,respectful,helpful everything you would expect from employees that deal with people every day  from what i'm observing after 10 months of failed attempts is the problem as usual lies in the higher ups the people in charge the paople who can actually make the change to give me my veterans discount it's sad because i came to verizon from sprint to get away from that type of mentality maybe Ishould have stayed with sprint at least they were cheaper

0 Likes
Re: no veterans discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read that you've been having issues receiving your veteran discount and we want to make sure that we are able to help out. Have you received any notifications as to why your discount was not applied? Normally, even if a discount is not applied you will receive notifications as to what issue there was with the submission.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

take the 214 into a corporate store.

0 Likes
tysonsgiz

No that's why I'm so frustrated I tried again this month one of your customer service representatives sent it through again fingers crossed maybe this time it will work there's a copy of my DD-214 in the computer that they use so i know it at least got that far

0 Likes
tysonsgiz

I've taken it to the store the first 3 times i submitted it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a veteran myself (USMC) I want to thank you for your service and your continued patience as we work to resolve this as 10 months is too long for an issue not to be resolved. What I recommend doing is submitting your information online (see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/). Once you have completed that reach out to our Employment Validation Team at Phone: 800-890-8007
Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat 8:00AM - 12:00AM ET Sun 8:00AM - 12:00AM ET.
Our Validation Team will be able to see your submission and guide you if any additional information is needed.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
tysonsgiz

Edward thank you i did that exact same thing months ago there is a copy of my DD-214 on file in your computer system when i call the reps can see it on file so i know it has made it into your system i have had 2 so far tell me that they will escalate the process and also bring it to their supervisors attention the reps are fantastic very responsive and helpful the problem seems to occur between them and whoever actually puts the discount on my bill like a middle managment or maybe it's upper management idk who has the final say for sure i just know its been almost a year now my DD-214 is in your system if anyone looks at my account they see it on file yet every month no credit on my bill so every month i spend several hours waiting on hold to get my account credited for my discount that is what i have done the last 2 months its annoying and time consuming but at least i get the discount that way i look forward to the day it actually shows up on my bill so that i can switch it over to auto pay so i can recieve the 20 dollar credit for that as well i am paying almost 400 dollars a month for 4 lines and 4 phones with the unlimited plan so every discount matters thank you everyone for the suggestions on how to get my DD-214 into the system but that isnt my problem its there my problem is actually getting the discount applied to my bill

0 Likes