Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
old 1st Responder discount with new unlimited plan
cpsmith1984

I currently have 3 lines on go unlimited. I get 40 dollars off with my 1st reposnder discount (110 dollars a moth after discount). If i change to the new unlimited plans will I be transferred to the new discount program and only get 25 dollars off. I have been told both that I will be grandfathered in and keep my discount or I will be put on the new discount program. I read the 1st responder discount page and it says if you singed up after 8/5 or something that you get the new discount. I assume I can keep my old discount from what that says but I am confused. 

0 Likes
Re: old 1st Responder discount with new unlimited plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Old-Responder-discount-with-new-p...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cpsmith1984

So what I had to do, according to the customer service rep on chat, was to keep one line on the go unlimited plan. I switched the other 2 to play more. For 10 dollars more a month I got be hotspot, unthrottled data, and 2 apple music accounts. ive been told by actual customers on chat that I would keep the discount no matter what but I dont want to chance loseing 40 bucks a month if I dont have to. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry for any confusion, cpsmith1984. We want to make sure that you take advantage of the biggest savings when subscribing to our Unlimited Plans. If you move to one or new Mix and Match Unlimited plans, your discount will change, as well. The discount depends on how many lines you have active on the Unlimited Plan. Start Unlimited, Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited, Get More Unlimited, Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited and/or Just Kids data plans discounts have been listed below:

• 1 phone - $10 discount per account
  • 2 – 3 phones - $25 discount per account
  • 4+ phones - $20 discount per account

For more information regarding your First Responder discount and how it applies to the new Mix and Match Unlimited Plans, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/first-responders-discounts-faqs/

Does this information provide you with clarity? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes