Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"Pooling" Data allowance for low consumption users?
rjc3

There are services out there that have one purchase a set amount of credit within the service. (Skype and EZ Pass come to mind. Also Many Pre-Paid plans by VZW.) I was wondering how I would go about suggesting that Post-Paid customers could pre-purchase a "pool" of data for their account, for a set incremental amount.

The pool would have various tiers, and could cover both single and multi-line phone accounts. Having this pool would allow customers who would not normally consider data plans to sign up. This feature, as one could imagine, is aimed at would-be smartphone users. It would not be cost effective to consume the pool monthly, but instead should be aimed toward low usage for 90 days, similar to some pre-paid cell phone plans. At this time, a maintenance fee could be applied, as well as the difference calculated to refill the MB allowance up to the contracted amount.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: "Pooling" Data allowance for low consumption users?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Effectively that's what you have now, with the 2GB & 5GB data plans. There are rumors of a family data plan also, where all the lines share the same "pool" of some yet to be determined amount of data.

What you want is "rollover" for 90 days or until you use it - I don't think that will happen for data. Verizon doesn't even do that with plan minutes....
0 Likes