Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sim card?
keiyong

I have a question as to if we are able to get a sim card from verizon to use a phone from before? Pretty much what I'm asking is that can verizon work with sim cards?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: sim card?
silver6055

keiyong wrote:

I have a question as to if we are able to get a sim card from verizon to use a phone from before? Pretty much what I'm asking is that can verizon work with sim cards?

Verizon's 3G phones do not use SIM cards, phones using SIM cards from other US carriers are GSM phones which won't work on Verizon's CDMA network. 

Verizon's LTE phones do use SIM cards, but these SIMs are not compatible with the GSM phones from other carriers.

So, bottom line, unless the "phone from before" is a Verizon LTE phone, the answer is "No"!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
No, Verizon does not use SIM cards to determine the activation status of a phone. If you want to use a different phone on your number, it needs to be a Verizon branded phone. Then call *228 on the phone you want to activate and follow the prompts, or call customer service (800-922-0204) from a different phone, and they can tell you the phone status and activate it if possible.
0 Likes
silver6055

keiyong wrote:

Verizon's 3G phones do not use SIM cards, phones using SIM cards from other US carriers are GSM phones which won't work on Verizon's CDMA network. 

Verizon's LTE phones do use SIM cards, but these SIMs are not compatible with the GSM phones from other carriers.

So, bottom line, unless the "phone from before" is a Verizon LTE phone, the answer is "No"!

0 Likes