Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
unlimited nights and weekends minutes
uconn

i was wondering if someone could clarify this whole "unlimited nights and weekend minutes" for me.  i was told that after 9:01pm i could start calling people and it would not use my minutes. i am on the nationwide family share plan with 700 mins and unlimited texts. i just checked the overall minute usage of the plan and it shows that my minutes are still going up even though the majority of my calls are after 9:00 pm. i do a lot of calling from connecticut to california at night, and my friend that i call in california also has verizon. i was just wondering does the "unlimited nights" not apply to my current family plan? so if anyone can explain that to me it would be much appreciated!! thanks!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: unlimited nights and weekends minutes
silver6055

uconn wrote:

i was wondering if someone could clarify this whole "unlimited nights and weekend minutes" for me.  i was told that after 9:01pm i could start calling people and it would not use my minutes. i am on the nationwide family share plan with 700 mins and unlimited texts. i just checked the overall minute usage of the plan and it shows that my minutes are still going up even though the majority of my calls are after 9:00 pm. i do a lot of calling from connecticut to california at night, and my friend that i call in california also has verizon. i was just wondering does the "unlimited nights" not apply to my current family plan? so if anyone can explain that to me it would be much appreciated!! thanks!!!! 

Where are you checking overall minute usage?  Do you see "X of 700" for example.   Total minutes should be going up, the question is whether "peak" minutes are increasing (so the minutes are always counted, but not charged).   If your friend has Verizon Wireless, your calls should appear as something like M2M

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to confirm and clarify what Silver said - only PEAK minutes are counting against your 700 allowance; the nights and weekend minutes are recorded, but don't subtract from your "bucket" of 700. And if you are on a family share plan, then perhaps others are making calls during PEAK time and you are seeing their usage as well as your own.

If your friend in California also has a Verizon Wireless cell phone, then those minutes are M2M and do not come out of the 700 allowance, regardless of when the calls are made.  You can check to see if your friend's number is M2M with  this tool.  If the number comes up as IN NETWORK, then it will count as M2M.

0 Likes
somimi

If this is the case, I should not be getting overcharged when my total minutes go over but my peak minutes remain under my plan's limits.

Yet that is exactly what's been happening for the past few months. I'm extremely confused. I look at my minutes usage online, and it warns me, in bright red, that I'm nearing my minute allotment. A third of those minutes are off-peak. And I consistently get charged for those extra minutes that go over.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing some part of the contract?

0 Likes