Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upgrading old family plan
DaveCincy

We have an old family plan and are trying to figure out if its better to pay full price on a new smartphone to keep the plan and unlimited data, or switch to the new plans.

We currently have the AC Family SharePlan 500 with one smart phone and 2 dumb phones.  The shareplan is $50 for the 1st phone, $30 for unlimited data and the $5 texting plan.  The 500 minutes is usually enough.  We wouldn't mind having more texts available on this phone, but its currently not too bad.  The 2 dumb phones get minimal voice usage and almost no text usage.  The dumb phones are $10 each per month.  So our total is $105 which isn't too bad for what we are getting.

If we upgrade all devices to Share Everything, it would be $160, a big jump, losing unlimited data and gaining unlimited voice/text. 

Can just the smartphone be moved to the share everything plan?  What would happen to the 2 dumb phones?  Would one of them become the "primary" and go from $10 to $50 per month?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: upgrading old family plan
Jakeman1

That all depends. You can upgrade the phone and keep the Family Plan and th eonly thing you would lose is Unlimited Data. You would be put on a tiered Data plan, or you can pay full price on the new phone and keep unlimited Data as well

0 Likes
Re: upgrading old family plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there DaveCincy,

I'm excited to hear that you are thinking about upgrading your phone. We have plenty of new phones available and I know we have the right one for you.

I would like to review your account to perform a complete analysis to see what plan would benefit you most. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password so I can review your account in detail.  For steps on how to dm us please visit http://vz.to/17zF2vO.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes