Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
upset with Verizon customer service
upsetfamilyof5

we have 5 phones and 1 airtime card, 2 of the phones were smartphones and shared the data package, the airtime card had unlimited data because we were grandfathered in from a previous plan,  in april of this year i decided to upgrade to an IPhone, we increased our data package to 10 gb and the verizon rep in the store specifically told me that my airtime card would remain unlimited since I was not upgrading it.......well  the 2nd month after i upgraded to my IPhone we started getting text saying we were near our limit so we all cut back on the data we was using on our phones.  This past month we did go over on our data and when I call verizon to find out why since our none of us had been using data on phone much, i knew we had a problem.    found out they took the umlimited data away from my airtime card that i did NOT upgrade and grouped in with the 10 gb for the phones.   The rep i spoke on the phone said she would submit a form requesing my unlimited data back on my airtime card since it was over 60 days this was the only option I had to get it back AND since it was a verizon employee error I did not think it was going to be an issue...until i received a phone call back yesterday saying the request had been denied because i did not act within the 60 day time frame......first off, I had no idea it was not ulimited, i thought there was something wrong with 1 of the phone, I had no reason to think the screwed up my account.....believe me, if I had known I would have been back in the store ASAP talking to the rep that messed this up.   So now my only option is to pay additional money each month to update our data package to make sure we have enough gb without going over.    This was a verizon employee mistake, i was assured when I upgraded my phone that my airtime card would not be affected.......what a LIE!!!   now verizon with not fix their mistake, it's going to cost me more money.

NOT to mention that about 2 years ago, my husbands ex-wife went into the verizon store because their son (1 of the 5 phones we have on our acct) wanted a new phone because he cracked his screen......they let her upgrade his phone.......on my account.  They did not even ask her for any identification, they just assumed she was me.    Thinking now I may need to go back and see what legally can be done about that.    I have lost respect for verizon, the way they have treated me is not the way a company should be treating customers.  

0 Likes