Gizmo Watch Not Auto-Answering
musicgirl1201
Enthusiast - Level 1

The auto answer function on my daughter's Gizmo watch has stopped working approximately 10 days ago. I have taken it to 2 stores, talked to talk support, the software is updated, the auto answer has been toggled off and on, app has been deleted and re-installed, device has been removed and re-paired. We still can't get it to work. The stores have no answer and either want me to buy another one or buy a phone. I'm not quite interested in either of those options. It just seems unusual that everything else works except for this one function.  

Re: Gizmo Watch Not Auto-Answering
BritneyLynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Literally exact same, I’ve tried everything. It has been a little over a week.

0 Likes
frz01

I have the exact same problem. I have two Gizmo Watches since around September 2022. They both worked fine up until 3/12/23 when I noticed the Auto Answer feature was not working for both watches. Toggled the feature on and off on both watches, made sure I was up to date on software for my phone and both watches. Re-installed Gizmo Hub app. Deleted my Gizmo Hub account and app and factory reset both watches. Re-installed Gizmo Hub app again, made new account and re-paired both watches. Nothing worked to solve the problem. On 3/18/23 I tried to get IT support via online chat. I realized the rep had no idea about what this watch even was by the questions they were asking me. They were trying to walk me through setting up the Number Share, which is not even possible for the Gizmo Watch. Got off chat and called Verizon Wireless and was on the phone with that rep for 45 minutes. Still nothing worked. Rep said they would open a ticket for further IT support and the rep would call me back in a couple of days. On Sunday 3/19/23 I tried both watches and the Auto Answer feature worked for both. The next day on Monday, I noticed when I went into the Gizmo Hub it did not ask for my pin, I had it set with the pin feature on. I also turned on the vibrate feature on and off on both watches. When I c called both watches, the Auto Answer feature was back to not working. The Verizon rep did actually call me back on 3/21 to let me know they are still working on the problem and he would call me back on 3/24. So it's now almost 2 weeks I am having this problem and almost 1 week since Verizon is supposedly trying to figure it out. Thank you to the other user for posting. Anyone one else experiencing this problem, please post your details.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, BritneyLynn! We are here to assist with your Gizmo Watch inquiries. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Adrian

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, frz01. I undertsand how important it is to always be able to connect and I'd be happy to help with your watch concerns. Please send us a Private Note to get the ball rolling! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
BritneyLynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn’t get it to work on the old one.Purchased new Gizmowatch 3 yesterday and the new one won’t auto answer either. I’ve toggled the button on/off multiple times and synced the settings multiple times but it still won’t work. This feature is the main reason that the majority of us purchased the device. It needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Britney! Thank you for bringing this to our attention, having your device working properly is certainly a concern! No worries, you've reached the right place to assist you. Please, allow us to send you a Private Note to continue assisting you.

>Effie

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Britney. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Is it ok for you if we continue through this channel?

>Effie

BritneyLynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, that’s fine.

0 Likes
BritneyLynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

That’s fine, go ahead. 

0 Likes