Loss of Promotional Credit Due To Agent’s Errors
cebridges
Enthusiast - Level 1

Compliant Regarding Promotional Credit Owed But Not Received On My Version Account

I’ve been a loyal Verizon customer for over 30 years. However, after speaking with a supervisor in Verizon’s customer service department, the  experience with them has me looking to switch providers. In December 2022, I upgraded two lines with new devices and 5G plans. I also wanted to suspend two lines associated with my Apple Watches that were entitled to a promotion because the two watches were stolen and I was hoping the police would recover them within the month.

As a result, I contacted Verizon to temporarily suspend services on the two watches instead of disconnecting them. Also, in order to take advantage of the $250 promotional credit/rebate offer, the watches must be on the plan until they are paid off over the 24 month period. I found out that the services were disconnected about 2 or 3 weeks after the services were to be temporarily suspended, with a forced buyout for these two watches added to my account without my authorization. 

Today, 2/7/23, I was on the phone with two Verizon agents (a representative and a supervisor) regarding an issue with my Verizon bill for 2 and a half hours. The issue was a fault of Verizon’s, yet as a customer I’m losing out on the $250 promotional credit/rebate because of an error of an agent. Also, the supervisor told me that the issue couldn’t be corrected and he further stated rear it was unfair to me, a longtime Verizon customer, for not being able to get the agreed upon promotion due to the error of a Verizon agent that made an error in December that cost my bill to double with the forced buyout. Also the agent cost me the promotion in which I was entitled to, a $250 promotional credit regarding two Apple Watches that were purchased on my account because of the forced buyout.

I contacted Verizon about this issue in early January and someone was to call me back to make this right. I called customer service again and was told that they could see where I called about my issue. However, I had to call the Verizon customer service to find out what they found out about my account and why my bill had doubled. No one ever called me back. I have autopay setup for my bill and I noticed the bill was paid at the extremely high charges.

Also, because of an error made by a Verizon agent that added a forced buy-out on my account without my authorization, that was verified by the supervisor, left me with a bill for twice as much and the supervisor also said we no longer were eligible for the promotional credit. I asked if she thought that it was fair to not get the promotional credit/rebate because this was of no fault of mine; the supervisor agreed that it was unfair. However, she further stated that there was nothing else that could be done to correct this unjust situation but I would like for someone to make this right. And this incident is definitely unfair and unjust and someone needs to make it right.

I need to get in touch with a Verizon executive to can make this right. I really need to know how to escalate this issue so that I can get a fair and just decision regarding my $250 promotional credit that was removed because an agent took it upon themselves to place a forced buyout on my account. My next steps will be to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) , as well as switch mobile carriers. The reason I purchased the two watches at that time was because of the promotion.

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

30+ Years Loyal Verizon Customer

0 Likes
Re: Loss of Promotional Credit Due To Agent’s Errors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to learn of your experience with your watch lines and the promotional offer, cebridges. We apologize that you were not contacted as well to have this issue addressed for you. We are sending you a Private Message, please respond to us there.

-Steven

0 Likes
cebridges
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response. However, I sent a message to the Executive office with Verizon. Someone from the executive office contacted me today, 1/8/23,  to help me with my issue of the lost promotional credit.. The young lady delved into my purchase history to find out about the promotion. As a result she was able to resolve my issue. I want to thank Verizon’s executives for resolving my issue. At this point, I definitely will remain a loyal Verizon customer. Thanks so much Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, cebridges. We appreciate your loyalty and are delighted to learn that everything was resolved! It's always our pleasure to assist, and we're here for you 24/7. Help is also at your fingertips with the My Verizon app: m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp. Have a great weekend, and thanks for choosing Verizon Wireless! -Tracy

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!