1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 quarter, never - Windows Phone 8.1/Cyan - What is timeline Verizon?
havermeyer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry.  I know this has been posted already.  Numerous times.  But here we still are, so is it really so costly to litter this little corner of verizon's on-line customer support experience with the one question most windows phone customers have on their minds?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 quarter, never - Windows Phone 8.1/Cyan - What is timeline Verizon?
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

We should not be the ones saying "Sorry."

Re: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 quarter, never - Windows Phone 8.1/Cyan - What is timeline Verizon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Littering" this little corner with the question isn't going to change the answer. 

Verizon DOES NOT relay information about updates BEFORE they are ready to be pushed to the phone.

Verizon has NEVER provided status information about OS updates UNTIL the dissemination of the update is imminent, regardless of how many times people ask about an update release.

havermeyer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm cool with that. I'm also a bit more of a savvy consumer now w/r to phones.  I sat on an Incredible 2 for many years before upgrading, stuck at android 2.x.  It's good to litter the online community with such information to provide greater awareness to potential buyers or those looking to re-up with Verizon.

So it makes Verizon not look good.  It's part of it.  I play the game, they play the game.

0 Likes
Celticfiend

Verizon Lumia Cyan update reverts to 'Under Development' as delay continues | Windows Central

Verizon has pushed back their version of cyan to microsoft, so looks like the release has taken a big step back. I cant see them releasing 8.1 until the firmware is also pushed.

0 Likes
penterax
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the point of saying "Verizon never answers these questions"?

We know that. The point of the post is to try to get them to understand that they are only hurting themselves by not communicating with their customers. And, believe it or not, it does sometimes work; companies do, on occasion, get that their policy is old and outdated or maybe even never was a good one.

Tidbits
Legend

penterax wrote:

What is the point of saying "Verizon never answers these questions"?

We know that. The point of the post is to try to get them to understand that they are only hurting themselves by not communicating with their customers. And, believe it or not, it does sometimes work; companies do, on occasion, get that their policy is old and outdated or maybe even never was a good one.

It hasn't hurt them that much for the past 6 years...  They are still gaining customers per quarter.  I don't really think it is hurting them.  Just making the "techies" mad.

0 Likes