Re: 10yr customer switching to AT&T from Verizon for the Nokia 900 Lumia
Wildman
Legend

Behind the curve...  And you would consider a Windows device and AT&T??????   Even Bill Gates cant say anything positive about his OS and other then the iPhone AT&T hasn't had anything that isn't behind the curve (But iphones is there now in my opinion), there 4G is slow, their reception is BAD and CS is even worse.   You know your service is bad when you are loosing customers to Cricket or H2o and AT&T has been loosing them quickly.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Even Bill Gates cant say anything positive about his OS.

Where did you pull that statement out of?  Source please.

If Bill Gates dist Windows Phone 7 it would be all over the place and I cannot find any said comment.

AZSALUKI
Legend

they got the iphone4s on day one (sure sprint an at&t had the same phone, but on inferior networks). they had the first (and for a LONG time only) LTE devices. they now have the Nexus (first with ICS).....and the original motorola droid is what really put android on the map. the rezound was the first device with beats by dre. i think what you really mean is that currently they don't have the best windows phone, which is what you are interested in.....but they have certainly led the way with many others. i get where you're coming from. when i got into androids, i didn't understand why sprint got the EVO only a month or so after we got the Incredible. however, jumping ship for one particular device isn't an option to me. i need the network, and i deal with the selection of devices that verizon carries. it was only a few months ago that samsung/android fans threw an absolute fit about not getting the GS2 on verizon. then they got the Nexus with ICS instead (and the customers on the other carriers threw a fit because they didn't have it).

Wildman
Legend

This is a opinion, over the years Microsoft always had limited support for their WM devices, basically what OS you have when it was released with is what the phone dies with.. , I am not saying Android is so much better but Android has more freedom for development and I always thought the ui was so limited and available resources is to restricted.

I experience nothing but Out of Memory errors attempting to run any graphical applications, I just haven't seen any of these issues running apps on my TB. 

0 Likes
jcb193
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that in the past Windows was not a great platform (except in the beginning), but I really felt like the Lumia was a great potential device.  With Nokia's name, Windows new dedication to the platform, and a solid IU, it really seemed worth the gamble.  Verizon could have run with this and had a phone that people could get excited about, instead of the "latest marginal android improvement."  Either way, I am excited about the renaissance of Windows...Can finally have a phone again that is functional, and not a complete "me too!"

Wildman
Legend

Something to consider, since I haven't dealt with the newer WP7 devices I might want to research the device more because technology does change and most of my views are from dealing with WM 6.5 and lower, maybe they will surprise me..

Well this is why freedom of choice is good, not all users has the same preferences and likes..  But I still have to say that changing a carrier for a device isn't the best solution if you are happy with the service you already have because in my opinion the service is the most important item when looking into a wireless carrier.  Sprint has nice devices also but terrible service, a nice device isn't useful if you can not use it due to limit reception.   Just a thought...

Good Luck with your decision..

0 Likes
jcb193
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're right of course.  It's just that I have been waiting for a phone that I could get excited about for a few years now, mainly because I don't like Android phones, and something comes around that I can finally get interested in, and it's not coming to Verizon.  Thanks for the feedback!

bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

No out of memory errors on my somewhat advanced application which records video, shows video preview, downloads and transfers video, and uploads video.

If you haven't dealt w/ the newer WP7 devices, why are you commenting on how they perform and what their API and OS behave like?

chinch
Contributor - Level 1

The 900 is coming March 18 apparently. So you have 2 months regardless. Verizon won't ship a WP until fall i'd wager heavily unless it's a stopgap Lumia 710 in April as rumored but with a 4G radio (not found on TM obviously).

I've ranted against Verizon enough here but the fact remains AT&T has all the best phones from top to bottom. Coverage is pretty overrated unless you live in the boon-docks where there is NO COVERAGE at&t has similar coverage to VZW with some dead spots deep inside buildings (due to gsm vs cdma radio bandwidth).

I'd rather have a great phone and drop calls than ANY verizon phone myself. Funny thing is i call verizon friends in small deadzones (i had verizon for 12 years too and know where coverage fails) and the call drops (i'm on 4G 5-bars at work) and these Verizon ZOMBIES can't accept it's their verizon service dropping.

People believe what they want to believe and VZW markets and beats you into submission.

Verizon is totally unproven in regard to 4G/LTE so their "coverage" benefit will be dubious as well.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bc3tech wrote:

No out of memory errors on my somewhat advanced application which records video, shows video preview, downloads and transfers video, and uploads video.

If you haven't dealt w/ the newer WP7 devices, why are you commenting on how they perform and what their API and OS behave like?

I acknowledged my flaw with that point and admitted that I could be judging the OS from previous history with WM devices and after jcb193 pointed this out I decided to hold my judgement due to this fact....   When I user 6.5 I couldn't even open GPS without Low Memory notice and FC also I could hold a remote access connection without a memory error..

I acknowledge my premature judgement but once you deal with a OS and experienced the level of issues I experianced with WM it can make some not to try any new updates that are released..

I bow out respectfully...

0 Likes